Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berserker Bugle: Volume I

War Strikes at Home!

Persians attack Valhalla, Destroyed by Valiant Viking Forces!!

This first issue of the Berserker Bugle opens with news of an attack upon our homeland. Persian forces landed recently near the city of Valhalla, reports from the city indicate that Persia landed an Archer regiment in the forest north of Valhalla. Two Viking Archer regiments were sent to remove them from our soil, but were ambushed by the vile Persians. Reinforcements were sent in from the city of Spanish are Greedy, in the event the Persian troops, weakened from the earlier battle, decided to attack Valhalla. The decision to do so was wise, as the Persians did attack Valhalla, but were destroyed by the warriors protecting the city. Vice-President Kloreep, who supervised the defense of Valhalla, has informed us here at the Berserker Bugle that new troops are being raised across the empire to deal with further incursions, and any new invasion by the Persians will be driven into the sea.
    -Donal Graeme, editor

The staff here at the Berserker Bugle would like to take the time and offer our thanks and condolences to the parents of those brave men who died in the process of defending our homeland. They died well, and in defending the city of Valhalla earned a place in the true Valhalla, and are with Thor now.
    -The Staff

Government Ministers Plan for the Future

Ministers from all of the government departments have been holding cabinet meetings almost daily recently, sources reveal. President Makahlua is currently setting up a plan for how the country will prepare for extended war with Persia. Among the items being discussed are how many regiments of Archers to be trained, whether new cities should be founded during the crisis, and whether or not Thor's Hammer should build a harbor before building galleys for fighting the Persians and carrying troops. Officials are divided on this issue, as waiting for a harbor will involved delaying the creation of a navy, thus leaving the initiative to the Persians. On the other hand it means any galleys produced later would be veterans, and thus more likely to best the Persians in a naval battle.
    -Donal Graeme, editor

New Supreme Military Commander!

The recent crisis over the lack of a Supreme Military COmmander appears to be over. Well placed sources reveal that GhengisFarb appears to be our nation's new SMC. GhengisFarb is a well known and respected warrior, but has achieved greater fame and notoriety for his artistic talents. May he lead our military well, and bring us great honor.
    -Donal Graeme, editor
    2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
    Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Expansion Room

If anybody wished to contribute to the Berserker Bugle, please PM me. I could use the help.

I hope to start up an official 'Poly site for the Bugle where I will have archives of older issues, a FAQ, staff listing, job offers, etc. Hopefully by the end of the weekend.

EDIT: Topped, thanks guys. I am working on Berserker Bugle thread right now.
    Last edited by Donal Graeme; October 19, 2003, 22:24.
    2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
    Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

Working...
    X