Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat 8 Orders

Thread for orders for the next chat
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

*bump*

Ministers, please post orders. NM has already ordered Thor's Hammer switched to a galley, and 2-2-1 seems to be the supported settler direction, though that isn't official yet.

Comment

How many turns of orders do we need?

I assume we are starting from the 1050 BC save.

(We definitely request a Galley or two and as many Archers to be built as possible.)

Comment

NA needs a build order as well right?

Comment

New Asgard will need one, yes. So does Valhalla; I don't think I changed its build after it completed the archer.

Ghengis: 4 or maybe 5 turns? I know it's hard to plan ahead on military though, a lot of it will need to be on the spot anyway.

Comment

If NA doesn't have a barracks then build a barracks. And Valhalla should continue building the archer.

Comment

NA does have barracks IIRC. Keep on Archers? Galley?

Also, Thor's Hammer and Ring will need build orders within the next three turns

Comment

Build an archer. Then Galley

Comment

Should we hold off on the Galley until we can build it in a Harbor so it will be a Veteran?

Most of my orders will be reactionary since we have no way of moving to attack them.

Orders
                  Turn 1 1050BC
                  One of the Warriors from Bifrost should go with the Settler to where ever its going.

The Regular (fully healed) Warrior in Valhalla should move down to Spanish Are Greedy.

I like where the Archers are, they are centrally located to cover a large area of our coast.

Turn 2
                  The Newly built Archer in New Asgard should stay there to keep the populous happy.

Turn 3
                  Nothing to see here.

Turn 4
                  The Newly built Archer in Ring of Vikings should stay there to keep the populous happy and guard that side of the island.

Turn 5
                  Nothing to see here.

This is the general plan assuming no Persians pop into view. We really can't plan a attack on them unitil we get some galleys to scout out their coastal area (or can purchase a map from somebody) and we have no way of transporting troops over.

(UNOFFICIAL) Personally I don't see a big attack coming from them and think we should look at settling the island to our south which is most likely uninhabited as there are no visible settlements on it and it has bonus resources.

(OFFICIAL) We need more Archers, I would like to have three Archer Reactionary Forces ready to counter landings of Persians on our island.
                  Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; October 16, 2003, 11:23.

Comment

I thought we were concerned with pre-empting an Immortal attack by Persia. Do we know how far away they are from being able to build immortals? It seems we need some intelligence (information, not IQ ) about their resource/tech status, in order to know how long we've got.

GarP2

Comment

I noted in my last chat report that i found that the Persians have IW, but no iron! (it was not listed greyed-out under resources)
                      But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                      PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Then the next question is Mapmaking and a Harbor. At that point they could trade for Iron.

Comment

by Makahlua I noted in my last chat report that i found that the Persians have IW, but no iron! (it was not listed greyed-out under resources)
                          Thanks, I didnt know if that still held. Even so, they could have it in their territory and just not be connected to it yet - it could be one worker-action away. So I guess the question is, how long can we afford to wait to find out? Long enough to build a harbor and then a galley? I realize that its riskier going across the strait with a regular galley, but I've also had some bad experiences when I didnt whack the Persians in time. Not pushing - Just my paranoid $0.02.

GarParanoid2c

actually, just a former chessplayer, trying to anticipate as far ahead as possible.

Comment

it's better to have a galley patrolling the seas. Their immortals are nothing while in the ships. But until then - only archers and settlers.

Comment

I agree, I believe we should build Archers (which will upgrade to our UU) and Settlers. Then Galleys once we have harbors. That one extra hitpoint may be the difference between them winning a combat with a Persian galley.

Comment

Working...
                              X