This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELECTION : Vice-President, Term 2

Ok, maybe the third time's the charm here Let's try this again - proper candidates, check! Poll - check!

Still ends in 3 days!

Candidates:
    GodKing
    Kloreep
    GodKing
    41.94%
    Kloreep
    41.94%
    :wall: of bananas!
    16.13%

The poll is expired.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

ouch... tough choice.

CANDIDATES: WE NEED A CAMPAIGN!!!

Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Where are they? We need campaign speechs!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
        ouch... tough choice.

CANDIDATES: WE NEED A CAMPAIGN!!!
        I agree. For this and DM voting. I'll withhold my vote until I hear what each has to say.

Comment

I didn't even know I was in. OK. My campaing - I will do as much if not more than what I have already done, which is unfortunately absolutely nothing. (It is good to have a prez who doesn't want or need much).
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

My campaign: Wow, there's another candidate! Didn't realize that. (Sounds like neither did he. ) Cool. I'm tempted to tell everyone to vote for GK. But nah, I signed up for this already, and non-elections are dull.

My weekday schedule is full, especially in the US evenings when most people here would be available, but I would run weekend chats when needed (unless Makahlua wants to keep doing the chats herself, which would be fine with me ).

Comment

it seems noone wants to VP. So let it be the banana!

Comment

Indeed, the candidates should offer stronger reasons to vote for them. I think you're both highly qualified for the job and the difficulty of choosing between you makes me (and likely others) tempted to choose Banana. Please offer compelling reasons why we should not.

Comment

Well, I know that Makalua had indicated (threatened) that if nobody ran for office, she would just have everybody from this term run again. So I suspect that is why I am in this race.

You ask for a compelling reason to vote for me. Why? The job of the VP is simple. Do what you can to assist the President, and, in case of Presidential absence, take over those duties and responsibilities. In term 1, Makalua was VP, and our new Prez had a computer failure that prompted his resignation. Makalua took over, and I was elected as VP in mid-term. She has, in my opinion, done an excellent job. She has also not requested any assistance from the office of VP (which is a refreshing change much like it was at the begging of the first term). :d

That means that the position of VP is at this time little more than a precaution. Good. You all know my and Kloreeps record. We both have a good and long history here in the demo game. Both our schedules conflict with weekday chats (mine in particular on Wednesday nights because of my teaching responsibilities). You know that either one of us can and will step forward if in the unfortunate circumstances our esteemed president cannot perform her duties. So, why should you vote for either one of us? Security. The knowledge that someone will be ready to step forward and help the game proceed as necessary. Either way, it is not like the other one will abandon this game because they "didn’t win”.

So, you want a reason to specifically vote for me, fine. I promise that if our president has to resign, then I will step forward. I also promise that if she asks for any assistance, that I will do whatever I can to provide it. In other words, I promise to do the job. If the job consists of not doing anything (as has so far happened, although I plan on writing a NewZ UpdAte soon, but would probably do one whether or not I was VP), than let it be known that I am very good at doing nothing .
                  If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

GodKing

Comment

I think you're both highly qualified for the job and the difficulty of choosing between you makes me (and likely others) tempted to choose Banana. Please offer compelling reasons why we should not.
                      That would be sad, two qualified candidates and Banana wins.

Comment

GK gave a good reason not to vote for the banana. I won't restate it.

As to why you should vote for me: Likewise, it goes without saying I will step forward if Makahlua has to resign. The only other point I can think if is I realized my schedule is changing a little in October, and chats later in the night (US) would be possible during the week; so I could be more flexible than I said before when holding a chat.

Comment

Hey Kloreep, we woudl be tied now if I hadn't voted for you. Cool. An actual race. Lets see if we can get this to be a tie! Come on folks. You can do it. TIE TIE TIE !!!

Comment

I'm trying to make it a tie but banana has a ways to go

Comment

Indeed, the candidates should offer stronger reasons to vote for them. I think you're both highly qualified for the job and the difficulty of choosing between you makes me (and likely others) tempted to choose Banana. Please offer compelling reasons why we should not.
                              No one knows how to campaign anymore, Arnelos.

Man, did we ever show them...once long ago...
                              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X