Nominations for Term 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nominations for Term 2

Doesn't feel like a month, does it? It's close to that time, so speak up if you'd like to run for office

Nominations close midnight EDT/6am GMT on 9/26 (this Friday), with elections posted as fast as my fingers type thereafter.

Elections will end at the same time on 9/30 (the following Monday) so that Term II starts smoothly on 10/1

President
    Makahlua

Vice President
    Kloreep
    GodKing

Foreign Affairs Minister
    MrWhereItsAt

Supreme Military Commander
    BigFree

Domestic Minister
    Nuclear Master
    panag
    Last edited by Makahlua; September 28, 2003, 12:55.
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Sorry, I won't run for my office again (what was it? Oh ya, Foreign Minister)
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

FAM is a bit of a thin ministerial position this early.

I don't really have any more shot of making chats than I have in the past or I'd run for something. Let's say that if a ministerial position doesn't have anyone running then I could run with the caveat of not being able to make chats.

Comment

It's possible that more would step up if they could make the chats. Just how many are in the chats regularly? And where ARE the chats? I don't know and I run the directory!
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

#civ3demo, undernet server (for our mac users and folks who can't get onto 'Poly) I'm trying to find the best times, but it's hard because we are all over the world - everyone gets shafted at some point We get more on Sat chats, but I'm trying to keep the game moving too...it's a tough balancing act :
          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Comment

Not your fault Makahlua. Low chat attendance is part and parcel of this game right now unfortunately. We have many players and like you said they are all over the world. For example, the chat today was good for many people, but I was still at work with no access to mIRC.

Comment

uhm... its #civ3dem not #civ3demo yes? Thats where we were today at least...
              Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
              King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
              ---------
              May God Bless.

Comment

Yes, #civ3dem not #civ3demo, me and my low blood sugar made a typo hehe ^_^

Comment

Am unsure if I can ever make the chats, but I will volunteer to run for FAM. Chats of course depend on the Prez and VP timezones, but assuming that I can't make any chats, please can someone else who CAN make chats nominate themselves too. This way, even though in reality it will be a one horse race, at least we can get some fun politicking and suchlike done in the leadup to elections.
                  Consul.

Comment

I can't run the chats although I've joined two times. It gets too late for me and when it's ok for is not ok for the americans who are significant majority I think.

Comment

I offer to stay on for SMC for another term; not many chats were held in the first month.

Comment

Originally posted by ormuzd
                        I can't run the chats although I've joined two times. It gets too late for me and when it's ok for is not ok for the americans who are significant majority I think.
                        Just pray I never become President again, ormuzd - my chats tend to be 2200GMT onwards on Saturdays or 1000GMT midweek!

Come to think of it, at least one of those might suit Europe at times.
                        Consul.

Comment

10:00 GMT is 12:00 in Paris and I think 13:00 where ormuzd lives.
                          Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Exactly - 10 gmt is currently 13 where I live. And I'm working at home, so imagine who will be my choice if you run in the election, MrWhereItsAt
                            Last edited by ormuzd; September 25, 2003, 10:55.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Just pray I never become President again, ormuzd - my chats tend to be 2200GMT onwards on Saturdays or 1000GMT midweek!

Come to think of it, at least one of those might suit Europe at times.

CHAT TIME FROM HELL!

I tell you, we had more attendance at those 3 AM chats than at any other time WIA! (regular chats, not wartime chats, etc, that is.)

I'll be gone from Oct 2 to Oct 8, so shouldn't run for anything. Will be quite busy till Oct 30 after that too...
                              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X