• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat 3 Progress & Report

These are the higlights of the 3rd chat:
    • Moved some units around.
    • Scout died against a Barbarian unit.
    • Spanish have Masonry.
    • New Asgard builds new Warrior "Kloreep".
    • Spanish have The Wheel.
    • Spanish refuse to trade Alphabet.
    • Barbarians are quite scared of us.

Update to follow.

Screenshot 2850 BC:

Screenshot 2710 BC:

Save 2670 BC:
    Last edited by BigFurryMonster; September 18, 2003, 19:51.
    Greatest moments in cat:

A rendition of the glorious Viking Empire circa 2550 BC:

Highlights as of chat end:

- We now have a band of archers (led by Konan) and 5 roving bands of our best Viking warriors, led by myself (Makahlua), OctavianX, Nuclear Master, Kloreep and Ormzud. Well 3 'roving', actually; I and NM are watching the home fires at New Asgard and Valhalla and bonking the heads of the unruly

- Our last scout, Brave Sir Robin died an honorable death exposing the lurking barbarians and giving us the position of a tribe being terroroized by them - in gratitude for their rescue, the Vandals have taught us the secret of Mystisicm! Which was then traded to Spain + 86 gold for the secret of the rune scribbles known as Alphabet. They have also recently discovered some odd contraption called a Wheel as well as Masonry which builds sturdier walls, so they claim The elders tell me it will still be another 12 of their 'turns' before they can duplicate the Spaniard's 'Bronze Working' discovery, though.

- The barbs are so scared of us, they took a falied swipe at Ormzud the Warrior and now cower in their camps like the little children they are Both Konan the Archer and OctavianX have both also had success fending off the barbarian rabble, although only OctavianX has earned a Veteran's helm for his warriors so far. However we have a continuing threat, for the barbarians include one band of warriors whom ride horses

- New Asgard has organized a band of settlers, who are headed to make a thriving fishing and trade village along the northern river(upper right of picture); Valhalla is also organizing a band whom are set to head for the foothills of the western mountains to form a lofty city above the plains. (see the 4.5 ring plan in the '3rd viking city' thread)

The save is here for those interested Log to follow later.
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Fantastic write-up and great session! I really need to get to one of these.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

oops, forgot about this
        Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
        King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
        ---------
        May God Bless.

Comment

Great job guys and gals!! I wish I could have joined but I was at work for part of it and then discovered my internet had gone down at home. But at least the game is in capable hands.

Comment

we hope so too

Comment

Oh this golden coast....We need Map Making as fast as possible
              Campeón 2006 Progressive Games
              civ4 mods: SCSCollateral GrayAgainstBlue ProperCrossings
              civ3 terrain: Irrigations Roads Railroads Borders Multimine Sengoku Napoleonic

Comment

Do not destroy the barbarian camps!!! They are a gift from accross the bifrost bridge! Let us train our warriors and ARCHERS on the decrepid scum given to us for sacrifice!!!!
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
                  Do not destroy the barbarian camps!!! They are a gift from accross the bifrost bridge! Let us train our warriors and ARCHERS on the decrepid scum given to us for sacrifice!!!!
                  Hmm... if they were at the end of the earth, I would agree with you, but who knows what might lie beyond?

Plus, we'll have to settle a city near there eventually, before the AI does. I suppose we could intentionally avoid culture buildings there, though.

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
                    hi ,

, agreed , but we shall need to destroy at least one to go and see what lays behind it , .......

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                    X