About Spain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR!

Provided that we actually do have our own island, I would favour war quickly!

WAR!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! SLAUGHTER THE SPANISH.....

Take what they will not give us!

[cough]

And er.. yeah. Definitely war. Unless we find an easier target on land.

- Will

Comment

hi ,

after CB we can ask them for the alfabet , if they dont want to give it , ........

but no , why declare war , they cant touch us for now and sooner or later they are going to want to declare war on us , .....

why waste our time , let them declare war when they want , ......

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I voted for war in this age because of sheer proximity, but it may have to wait for the next age if there are closer targets to confront in the present age.
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Eh, you don't think that is too early for talking of war??.. let's wait for more turns and see what our future.. then war

Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
          Indiana Jones
          Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

It's a little too early to start talking about war, for reasons the others have said. So I'll abstain from this poll.

Comment

I really think we should wait until we have completed a military unit before we plan a war, 'cause right now that single barb warrior could destroy our race!!!

Lets expand and develop our own land first, settle all the good spots and build up a little infrastructure. When we have the means to train and deploy a proper army then we start getting demanding with the Spanish. There's no point in going to war without a good reason -at least more than just because they are there!! Above all if we do war we want it to be brief and decisive not drain our resourses for centuries - especially not if this is an archipelago map, we will be in slow tech hell.

Lets get some longboats built asap and find out where we are in the world and settle all we can before the AI does. Then we will be well placed to dominate the world with Berzerker's!!!
              'It's all just a bunch of flees fighting over who owns the dog'

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
                So I'll abstain from this poll.
                In the poll, abstein is the same as "banana"

Banana for me, too.
                Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
                Indiana Jones
                Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeus
                  Lets expand and develop our own land first, settle all the good spots and build up a little infrastructure. When we have the means to train and deploy a proper army then we start getting demanding with the Spanish. There's no point in going to war without a good reason -at least more than just because they are there!! Above all if we do war we want it to be brief and decisive not drain our resourses for centuries
                  The fact that Spain is there is plenty reason to go to war with them. While we sit back and settle open land and build improvements Spain will be getting stronger and stronger. (and our eventual war with them will get longer and longer) Early war need not be a drain on resources, as long as we're winning we'll be able to end it any time we choose.

Taking enemy cities can be a more efficient method of expansion than settling open territory. You don't have to build settlers, you should get some improved terrain and freebie workers, and (in this case) we want that low corruption land next to our capital.

Of course, if there's an eaisier target on our island it should be they who fall first.
                  "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
                    Milk every nieghbor for everything they have till we know what the Geography of our position holds for us.
                    I thought you and Togas weren't supposed to help make decisions since you made the map? Is this advice from the world makers? If so, we should listen to them since they know where all the resources and other civs are at.

Comment

hi ,

we cant even protect ourselves from a couple barbs and some people are allready talking about war , .........

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I thought you and Togas weren't supposed to help make decisions since you made the map? Is this advice from the world makers? If so, we should listen to them since they know where all the resources and other civs are at.
                        I don't think BigFree helped to make the map... I thought it was Togas and BigFurryMonster that made it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny

I don't think BigFree helped to make the map... I thought it was Togas and BigFurryMonster that made it.
                          It was those two. BigFree is the SMC so he can certainly help decide our course of action.

Comment

Working...
                          X