Trade technologies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade technologies?

Sheesh - where's the FAM? This is his job! 123john!!!

Anyways, I noticed there was no talk whatsoever about the techs that Spain has that we don't, and vice versa.

Spain is weak militarily compared to us, they have a second city in addition to Madrid (Barcelona), are cautious towards us in negotiations and they have 10 gold, Ceremonial Burial and Alphabet.

We have 24 gold, 2gpt, Pottery and Warrior Code.

We have the opportunity right now to trade for either of their techs:

Option 1: Get Alphabet

We can get Alphabet right now if we trade them
    1gpt, 8 gold, Warrior Code and Pottery.

Option 2: Get Ceremonial Burial

We can get Ceremonial Burial right now if we trade them Pottery and 15 gold

Option 3: Get Ceremonial Burial and 10 gold

We can get Ceremonial Burial and their 10 gold right now if we trade them Warrior Code

The fact that they are still happy to trade all their gold and CB for WC means that WC is worth more to them than just CB and the 10 gold. We could possibly get more for it later, but we run the risk of them discovering it themselves.

Option 4: Wait until later before trading

3 day poll I guess. Discussion is invited, particularly if you think we should wait before trading. Things to discuss may be: what effect will allowing them to build Granaries (Pottery) or Archers (Warrior Code) have for us? Will Ceremonial Burial or Alphabet benefit us much? Can we delay getting either of these until we find more huts with techs in them? Would it be more useful to us to keep our gold?
    Get Alphabet
    13.79%
    Get Ceremonial Burial
    31.03%
    Get Ceremonial Burial and 10 gold
    48.28%
    Wait until later (time out for a banana)
    6.90%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Getting the Ceremonial Burial will not allow to pop out from a hut. Thus we will continue researching expensive techs at 40 turns rate.
    And I think we should trade it now because later the spanish will aquire it from other civs or research it for them self.

Comment

I agree that ceremonial burial would be the tech to get before we pop any more huts, and I'd go ahead and trade warrior code for it. They will get it soon enough anyway, being the fast researching/much trading AI civs they are. We might as well get some gold out of it instead of giving up all of our gold. But if we do trade pottery and our gold for it I'm not averse to that either.

While I'd love to get alphabet, we have to give up a lot to get it, and it will be much cheaper later on. Plus if we have CB, we can make our way toward polytheism as that is a very nice tradeable tech.

Comment

In one of my games the AIs had the Polytheism long before me. I have discovered it at 40 turns rate but could not trade it. It was my second research (after IW at 40 turns too)

Comment

CB X WC. We need to trade fast and now, before the spanish make any other contact.
          Campeón 2006 Progressive Games
          civ4 mods: SCSCollateral GrayAgainstBlue ProperCrossings
          civ3 terrain: Irrigations Roads Railroads Borders Multimine Sengoku Napoleonic

Comment

we will get more gold for the WC if we wait some more turns. The question is how many.

Comment

I say we just negotiate for CB and not give them WC until we at least have some Spearmen for defence. There is a risk they will research or trade for it elsewhere but giving a rival the weapons to destroy us before we can defend against them doesnt seem a good move for a Militaristic people.
              'It's all just a bunch of flees fighting over who owns the dog'

Comment

Well they won't be able to reach us for a time anyway, and we have the drop on them with Scouts anyway. They will undoubtedly get WC soon, so IMO it's just a question of whether we want to trade it now and get something, or whether we are willing to wait to trade it for more (when they have more) risking them getting it elsewhere quickly.
                Consul.

Comment

was JUST going to do it, sorry

about the poll, wait unitl later
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

No worries 123john, I just hope you weren't offended I did this.... we have sometimes had troubles with Ministers who haven't been able to put up polls because of being busy in RL. I will not do this again now I can see you WERE about to get here.

OK, in truth I was just at work and bored. Forgive me?
                    Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                      No worries 123john, I just hope you weren't offended I did this.... we have sometimes had troubles with Ministers who haven't been able to put up polls because of being busy in RL. I will not do this again now I can see you WERE about to get here.

OK, in truth I was just at work and bored. Forgive me?
                      no no its ok, thanks anyways
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Lets wait a couple more turns and see what we find and what they have to give us.
                        So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

Trade for alpha and head for map making.

Perhaps even prebuilding for the lighthouse.

Lighthouse just FITS the Vikings...
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I don't think we should give them WC yet.

Comment

Give them WC. The AI will max research and will remain at 10 gold forever. Time only allows the AI to research themselves, and weaken our position. Get all their gold and CB now. With another tech, we may be able to trade for alpha later.
                              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Working...
                              X