Political Party Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Party Thread

This is thread to discuss Political Party's in the DG. And it's also the thread to create political party's.

I'll just say something here, it is probable that political parties will not really get to the really important stage. As in the first DG, the parties were not a basis to get elected, they were... something else. Not quite sure what
    Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
    King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
    ---------
    May God Bless.

Comment

While they do add more depth to the game, it's not the depth I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer32
        As in the first DG, the parties were not a basis to get elected, they were... something else. Not quite sure what
        The Hawks got their people elected.

The DIA got the Hawks elected also......

The DIA was utterly useless, they didn't stand or support what they claimed to, they were the largest party and couldn't get themselves elected, and everytime we had a chance for peace they voted for war with the Hawks.

Demogame 1 Final Score: Hawks 132, DIA 0

Comment

That's because last game (EDIT: meaning the first game) we all really WERE a bunch of hawks

I expect the hawks would do really well this game to (we are Vikings )
          Last edited by Kuciwalker; August 29, 2003, 13:54.

Comment

/me runs like the plague his hit nextdoor

Might I say I was technically in that United Front thingy for the first game? So that party supplied the most prolific President.

Maybe I should just go back to my old 3A2C3 roots.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

The DIA was utterly useless, they didn't stand or support what they claimed to, they were the largest party and couldn't get themselves elected, and everytime we had a chance for peace they voted for war with the Hawks.

Now, now, be fair.

The DIA ALWAYS managed to put forth many ministers and presidents. Ninot, Timeline, Thud, Arnelos, civman, Kloreep, just to name a few.

And they DID manage to support their view on each and every poll that ever came out. The problem was that view changed every week so none of them knew what it was.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I know that this is going to sound like a newbie question, but I am new to the Demo game so what the hey. Just how many political parties are there, and what are there different platforms. I imagine that there is a post somewhere outlining this. If someone could direct me to it I would greatly appreciate it!
                Texas is the greatest country in the world!

Historical Rants and Philosophical Dilemmas
                http://www.geocities.com/jeff_roberts65/

Comment

This is a new game, no parties are formed yet. Feel free to start one on your own platform.

As for old parties from past games. Well some fool or another was brave enough to consolidate their Mission Statements. They can be found here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=55629

Or you can just read the Hawk Party statement since it simply flows well, outlining what a party SHOULD be. A true master must have penned this one

Our mission is to assure that our nation will be in a position to allow AS MANY victory types by end game as possble. This requires strong, aggressive military action, especially early, to ensure ourselves a position where Domination and Conquest are possible. Building cultural improvements and Wonders will be done in the times where we are either at peace, or our military is deemed adequate to it's task. Once we have built our nation, we should rotate military with cultural building to assure our dominance in all areas.

We believe science should focus on what is most needed at the time, be it a wonder tech, or a military advance. Trading tech should preferrably be done in return for other tech or needed resources. Trading away tech for cash should only be done when it is either a dire need, or would cripple a rival's economy, thereby giving us a further lead.

We promote and advocate wars that can be won, be they to gain territory, resources, or simply to slow an opponent or deny resources. We DO NOT advocate prolonged wars that will strangle our economy and resources. Before declaring war, our nation should have a clear view of the objectives already in place. There are many civ's out there who will challenge our dominance, carefull planning and adaptation will be required for the military to succeed. We support capturing cities when possible and razing when neccessary.

We welcome opposing views and parties, as competition leads to greater strength. Debate and votes are essential to our society, and we will leave major decisions on what is best to the people, as they are the true strength of Apolytonia. While we may oppose others views, we realize that the enemy lies without, and not within, and will work to achieve a cooperation between parties to meet the greater good. We believe in the Democratic process and will actively work to ensure the people's will is carried out.
                  Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; August 29, 2003, 13:17.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I love how GhengisFarb pops his head up occassionally to proove how much of an idiot he can be

The DIA is the sole reason I actually won 2 of my near 50/50 elections. An organized party with a mailing list to actually get lazy half-inactives to vote can tip the scales in an otherwise even race. I had TWO of them. Others the DIA owe their offices to that as well.

As for DIA victories, Greece and England were still standing at the end of the game in large part because of my term as Foreign Minister, which I won with what? 1 or 2 votes? I know with absolute certainty that that election was won with the use of the DIA mailing list

Hell, we actually ran the whole damn country for 2 terms when the Hawks went defunct. Which happens to be why the plan to not conquer the world or go for a domination victory WORKED.

We also emancipated the slaves over the objection of the evil Hawks during my term as President.

And in the ultimate victory of the DIA Party, we won a DIPLOMATIC Victory, not Domination or Conquest as the Hawks had set out as their goal from day one. So in the only form of victory or loss that counts:

DIA 1
                    Hawks 0

Need I go on? There are countless other DIA victories over the worthless Hawk Party... a party so weak and ineffective in the late game that they disbanded the party leadership and basically just died out

That said, I don't plan on playing a peacenik this time around
                    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Who wants to form a party with me that supports war?

Comment

Just died out?

I remind you the Party leadership was the VP for the final term. The old Hawk actually RAN the second to last Turnchat.

Behind the scenes worked the Hawk party, avoiding the ostentatious presentation of the DIA who never stood for anything other than their own pride.
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Maybe we should re-form the hawks...

Comment

Darn those stupid Hawks. I am going to form the Golden Eagle Party. Who ever wishes to join me can. We will support war. And we have yet to decide anything else but that

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                              The DIA ALWAYS managed to put forth many ministers and presidents. Ninot, Timeline, Thud, Arnelos, civman, Kloreep, just to name a few.
                              I was a Laborite, actually. Now that was a good party; we had a high percentage of active members in the game, beating Hawks and DIA both I think for at least a few terms. Of course, with the long member list the DIA had, they weren't too hard to beat at percentages.

A labor party should be formed again later in the Industrial era.
                              Last edited by Kloreep; August 29, 2003, 15:08.

Comment

Working...
                              X