Feudal $MiniGame DemoGame Start Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feudal $MiniGame DemoGame Start Thread

Attempt to start a thread Number Four in GhengisFarb's ongoing struggle to get the game started.

If we can decide on the settings to start we can play a turnchat beginning to get up to where we have say three cities and can hold our first land auction. Then we can test the scripts out and once everything is working go on from there.

What difficulty and game settings should we use?

GOVERNMENT AND TURN PLAY
    The following governmental positions:
    Chancellor - Plays the game turn and executes the orders for units, settings, and such relayed to him.

Vice Chancellor - Assists the Chancellor and assumes the duties of the Chancellor in the Chancellor's absence.

High Minister - Responsible for negotiations and diplomacy with other civilizations. Makes decisions on the science and luxury rate. Decides what advance we research.

High General - Responsible for the military readiness and battle plans of the empire.

I would say no higher than monarch for the...unique...difficulties we will be causing ourselves.

Standard size, 8 opponents will give us enough land to get some cities out in a 'traditional' fashion.

Wet (yes, GF has converted me to a 'wet' climate fan...)
    Random all else
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

We don't need it too easy, do we? What about 16 civs, the game starts losing some if its elements as the civ number drops.

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
      Wet (yes, GF has converted me to a 'wet' climate fan...)
      Random all else
      Woo Hoo! Free Aquaducts for everyone!

Comment

Will we auction the captured cities then?

I was under the impression that if my troops captured a city, it would be mine...

Just wanting to make sure enough cities to go around
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

For the focus of this game, I don't see how sixteen civs are better than eight.

I like Unorthodox's settings.

Comment

If we only have 8 civs it ain't going to take long before the individuals wipe em out and the game ends. I figure Uber Krux will take out at least four when we aren't looking.

Comment

why not a compromise... 12 sounds fine.

If we get 16 on a standard map I think it will be too tight (also worse for diplomace ie mapwhoring)
              Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
              King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
              ---------
              May God Bless.

Comment

What's wrong with a Large map?

Yes compromise is fine, I meant to say 24 civs, yeah silly typo, 24.

Comment

takes too long, thats whats wrong with it.

Do you really want to go through mapwhoring 24 civs? :/
                  Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                  King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                  ---------
                  May God Bless.

Comment

I like 12 on a large map. Monarch or Emperor difficulty. Preferably lots of land, continent or Pangaea, since land will be important to the entire basis of this game.

Everything else, I really have no preferences about.

Comment

I, like my friends GF and Unorthodox, prefer a "wet" setting. And I think for a game like this, Monarch, wet, all random, huge (I LOVE big maps!!!!) with as many civs as we can squeeze onto the thing (yes, I have a pretty nice computer that can handle it... to a degree).

My difficulty comes from the fact that we are working on a "test" game here. In this "test" game, I think we should mod it to give each civ 3 settlers right away and start off instantly with settling and selling off land. keep the game short and work out all the bugs before we go to a larger scale.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I'd prefer 8 civs standard. Something my computer might actually be able to run. :/
                        Join a Democracy Game today!
                        | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

I could see us doing a test run with 8 civs on a standard map an 3 settlers to get the bugs worked out.

Comment

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I've been having trouble trying to admin uber's server, so don't expect anything automated for a while.

Yes I still exist.

Comment

Working...
                              X