City by City DM Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City by City DM Report

Well, I went through the save and I have a few problems that I want fixed. The things I want changed are in red

Asgard
    Build: Warrior (1)
    Queue: Archer, Temple
    WF: 1,6,7,17
    P:7 G:11 S:0 F:0/0
    Notes: This Castle is Optimal until the temple (to me) is built. I chaneged the WF so it had a OPL of 7, maxed commerce and prevented unhappiness. Once the temple is done (or three turns before that) WF will again be changed. The build after the temple I will leave in the hands of the SMC, either a spear or ARCHER.

Trondheim
    Build: Marketplace (16)
    Queue: Nothing
    WF: 4,7,14
    P:5 G:6 S:0 F:2/10
    Notes: Switch to Marketplace immediately because the worker on tile will be done clearing the forest in one turn. The previous build of a Warrior would be done in one turn without the 15 bonus shields. Trondheim already has the Temple and barracks. Anything other than switching to a Marketplace would be a waste. I still didn't set a queue because I don't know what will be needed that far down the line.

Bergen
    Build: Spearman (3)
    Queue: Archer
    WF: 2,4,7,8
    P:7 G:7 S:0 F:0
    Notes: Prime example of a Fort. OPL of 7 reached. Archer/Spear every 3 turns. No food growth so we don't need to worry about anything with this city. It can sit there and pump out units. This is a fort because of it position in respect to Asgard, Trondheim, Warrior's Luck and because of there being no improvements except for a Barracks.

Kobenhavn
    Build: Spearman (3)
    Queue: Archer, Temple
    WF: 8,11,18
    P:4 G:5 S:0 F:2/10
    Notes: Once this city grows to size 4 (or 5 after the temple is built) it will be a OPL 7 and be able to build an Archer/Spear/Galley every three turns. It is through this city that we will launch our assult on Persia after we get Invention.

Stockholm
    Build: Spearman (5)
    WF: 1,20, Sci
    P:4 G:4 S:0 F:0/0
    Notes: Thought about moving a unit from the Mountians here, but changed my mind cause we need to have at least one Sci to maintain research. I would have had a Warrior built here, but as we are going to connect our Iron in three turns, that isn't possible. Left as Spearman as a second unit is needed for happiness reasons to reach size 4.

Olso
    Build: Warrior (1)
    WF: 3,18,19
    P:2 G:3 S:0 F:2/8
    Notes: I cannot stand it when Vikings work unimproved land! This place needs Public Works (more on that in a separate thread/post).

Warrior's Luck
    Build: Granery (11)
    Queue: Worker
    WF: 1,2,3,16
    P:5 G:4 S:0 F:3/5
    Notes: By untilizing a irragated cow, we can turn this place into a much needed worker farm. Once we change to Monarchy, we can rush buy the Granery and start poping out a new Worker in every two - three turns without worring about population control.

Larvik
    Build: Worker (7)
    Queue: Hmmm.... nothing yet. Let me think more on it.
    WF: 10 (7,10 when it grows)
    P:1 G:1 S:0 F:2/1
    Notes: This city needs massive Public Works in order to be useful. This is why I want a worker built here ASAP.

Reykjavik
    Build: Warrior (3)
    Queue: Marketplace
    WF: 3,4,6,18
    P:4 G:4 S:0 F:2/3
    Notes: When city grows, go for max production as pop 5 will be max pop for some time.

Birka
    Build: Warrior (5)
    WF: 9,18
    P:2 G:3 S:0 F:2/5
    Notes: We will need more Galleys in the future. This will be a good spot for them.

OPD's Lunch
    Build: Temple (1)
    Queue: Barracks
    WF: 2,5
    P:2 G:4 S:0 F:2/2
    Notes: I think a barracks is a good idea just in case the Ottomans decide to fight us again while we are attacking the Iroquios. Question, did we rush build the temple here, or build it on our own?

Hunting Camp
    Build: Temple (17
    Queue: Nothing yet
    WF: 5,6
    P:2 G:3 S:0 F:1/17
    Notes: We need a temple for culture purposes.

Dejon's March of Death
    Build: Temple
    Queue: Nothing yet.
    WF: 1,4,11
    P:2 G:4 S:0 F:1/4
    Notes: We must build a temple there ASAP. The city has no culture, is a long way from our capitol and is RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the Ottomans Capital, Istanbul. This city is going to be a great one in the future. Lets keep it so it will be a great one for us.

Overall Issues:
    We must keep a close eye on all the cities currently building Warriors. Once we connect the Iron (in three turns), these builds will automaticly switch to Swordmen. I would rather be building something other than Swordmen at that time.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

As the Medieval Era beckons, we should build Warriors only until the Iron is reconnected. Once this is done we cannot build Warriors any more, so some high SPT cities need to do Swords and the others should go for the Archers we need to upgrade into Berzerkers.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

opd - did pop rush

I know that in my games, about 1/2 the time it switches to swords, the other half it doesn't... don't know why... if so, I would request that we stick with warriors, and if they do switch then we adjust then (that way no wasted shields and we have some extra warriors for our police force - in monarchy we get 3 as opposed to two in despotism). I would prefer we focus on spear production so we can have 2-3 per city once the iron is reconnected. We still have plenty of time for pumping out our 30+/- archers for upgrading.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Agree with GodKing.

Comment

What is this PW diagram that is being talked about on MZO? PW is where I will need help.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
          X