• Governor General Poll

Should we have one? Yes or no?
    Yes, we should.
    15.79%
    No, we shouldnt.
    84.21%

The poll is expired.

This is what it would do.

I have an idea for the C3DG. Well I position for it anyway. In the Canadian Government there is a position higher then the Prime Minister/President. That position being called the Governer General. He/she would represent the Queen or King of England. But the person would be mostly ceremonial.

My Idea is to have a Governer General in the game. The person would give the ok to any of the plans made at the turn chats. So before a decision is made the Governer General has to agree. This would mean that the Governer General should be quite knowledgable. The Governer General can say no if they believe that it will fail. But that wouldnt be to common.

The way the Governer General is elected is by the Prime Minister/President choosing the person. But we could have the Prime Minister chooses a few people and all the ministers vote on the person. Then the Governer General could pick a assistant called a Lieutanant Governer.

So the Governer General Position wouldnt be that powerful and would only effect the game by saying yes or no to the plan. The Governor General would also be quite ceromonial in the DG. They would also present the plan in a neat fashion on the forums.

Also the Governor General could be in control of the newspaper. And post polls about the current government. Approval Rating and how happy they are about the current plans ect.

Comment

Can you post if your voting. Because if you dont this poll wont count.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
        Can you post if your voting. Because if you dont this poll wont count.
        This poll don't count.
        The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

Originally posted by theViking

This poll don't count.
          hi ,

read what he means , ....

yes we should

and the no voters could at least post as to why they dont like it , ....

have a great day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Thank you Panag At least you care!

Comment

I am voting no.

As much as I would like to see Panag in this position, I do not feel it would be a very good thing for the Demo Game

We have a streamlined process in place that is functioning fine. If it's not broke don't fix it. I see this as adding another step/level and that would only complicate matters as well as the problem of actually finding individuals with the time to carry this out each month.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                I am voting no.

As much as I would like to see Panag in this position, I do not feel it would be a very good thing for the Demo Game

We have a streamlined process in place that is functioning fine. If it's not broke don't fix it. I see this as adding another step/level and that would only complicate matters as well as the problem of actually finding individuals with the time to carry this out each month.
                Ditto.
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I'm fairly new to the C3DG, but I agree with UnOrthOdOx that it would just add one more level. From what I've seen so far, it's working well as it is. Right now we give our suggestions and the ministers go and do their thing in the chats. This is a purely hypothetical situation, but say the governor general had a strategy he/she wanted to use that was in conflict with what everyone else wanted to do so he vetoes their strategy for his own. That's not in the democracy game spirit.

Comment

Who ever said a Governor General could Veto a decision. But any who I am trying to make a senate again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
                      My Idea is to have a Governer General in the game. The person would give the ok to any of the plans made at the turn chats. So before a decision is made the Governer General has to agree. This would mean that the Governer General should be quite knowledgable. The Governer General can say no if they believe that it will fail. But that wouldnt be to common.
                      That's the quote that led me to think he'd have veto power. It was just a hypothetical "what-if" anyway.

Comment

See it would be more ceremonial. Just nevermind. Can a mod delete the thread?

Comment

Sorry Nuclear Master, I wasn't trying to argue with you. I was just giving my opinion and an example of something that "could" happen. I don't actually think it would happen that one person would overrule all the rest...not here on 'Poly, most everyone is nice . On another thread when I was completely misunderstanding something Panag said he was still extremely nice about it (Thanks Panag. ) That's the kind of people that are here, which is why I like these forums.

Comment

No, I am not going to delete this thread. Discussions like this are good for generating ideas and spuring further growth and evolution of our democracy.

Although I think this particular idea is not a good one relative to our current situation, it is always good to look at new ways of doing things, which is really one of the important things this thread does.

Keep the good ideas flowing.
                            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
                              No, I am not going to delete this thread. Discussions like this are good for generating ideas and spuring further growth and evolution of our democracy.

Although I think this particular idea is not a good one relative to our current situation, it is always good to look at new ways of doing things, which is really one of the important things this thread does.

Keep the good ideas flowing.
                              hi ,

little dictator , not wanting to delete a thread , ....

you are right , its ideas like this that have brought us forwerd and have developed us substancially

if you look back you shall see that "simulations" where considered months ago as cheating and a no talk about thing , today they are done and they are accepted , .....

the " senate " is sometimes missing , and it should be have a new wave true to it , .....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X