Election: Term II Domestic Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: Term II Domestic Minister

Technically this is the VP's job, but I guess I'll get into it...

This election is for the office of Domestic Minister for Term II, running from when this poll finishes (1130 GMT 1st June) until the end of June.

Your candidates are:

panag
    BetaHound

You have 5 days.
    panag
    14.29%
    BetaHound
    85.71%
    That Holy Yellow One
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Good day fellow Vikings. My qualifications for this job:

I am the main player responsible for Vox Controli in the ptwdg. Despite some early questionable moves - from which we have all learned - our small economy has been able to maintain the largest army in the world for a considerable time now. Which to me, is also the key to the SPDG played at deity. Yes - we have to build an economic infrastructure, but it is there for the purpose of supporting expansion through military means.

I have played at deity on SP games, and was on my way to winning. (Like most of us I suspect - it has been a while since I finished a game. )

I am also involved in a number of pbem games.

I have made most of the chats so far - so I have a fairly good idea of our history to-date and our longer term planning.

I like the approach and charts that the incumbent Kloreep has set up, and would like to continue with that method.

And as indicated in the nominations thread, I am fairly domestic to start with.

All that being said, I know panag is a long-time civer and SPDG participant. I know that he is eminently qualified. I wish him all the best during this election.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Betahound
      Are we having fun yet?

Comment

hi ,

thanks for the compliments betahound

may the best man get the job

something bout panag ;

plays at deity with barbarians as cavalry and infantry when boredom strikes , ....

loves the game in both sp and mp

is a great lover of the peace true power concept , meaning that a strong economical and scientific civs gets the most modern army , ....

rushes courthouses and policestations when they are available to lower corruption

likes happy citizens and shields

keeps a strong modern up to date army where ever possible , meaning that outdated units are used as shields in them far away cities

loves wonder that are worth something

loves to extract techs from the AI or they get the option to face a strong army that confines them for the rest of the game to a couple cities , .....

and now that poly's chat is back up , ..... shall be there on each chat if elected

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

OK, as prez elect (assuming I win over the banana) I would like the winner to view the save prior to playing the chats, and reposting it with changes made to build queues and workforces. I expect to have 2 chats per week, more if the government and people are available. Will this be a problem?

Also, prior to us getting into the situation, I would like to see something set up for regions, including a way for the DM office to handle multiple people doing orders. I know from my experiance that at this stage it is no problem for one person to be doing it. However, when you start getting 50+ cities..... Myself, E_T, UnOrthOdOx and others all have some ideas, so ask around if you need anything. Thank you.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by panag
            hi ,

thanks for the compliments betahound

may the best man get the job

something bout panag ;

plays at deity with barbarians as cavalry and infantry when boredom strikes , ....

loves the game in both sp and mp

is a great lover of the peace true power concept , meaning that a strong economical and scientific civs gets the most modern army , ....

rushes courthouses and policestations when they are available to lower corruption

likes happy citizens and shields

keeps a strong modern up to date army where ever possible , meaning that outdated units are used as shields in them far away cities

loves wonder that are worth something

loves to extract techs from the AI or they get the option to face a strong army that confines them for the rest of the game to a couple cities , .....

and now that poly's chat is back up , ..... shall be there on each chat if elected

have a nice day
            This sounds like a singles ad almost!

I do have one question regarding this issue though: "keeps a strong modern up to date army where ever possible , meaning that outdated units are used as shields in them far away cities"

Do you not favor upgrading units as well?
            First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
            The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteBandit

This sounds like a singles ad almost!

I do have one question regarding this issue though: "keeps a strong modern up to date army where ever possible , meaning that outdated units are used as shields in them far away cities"

Do you not favor upgrading units as well?
              hi ,

military units should be upgraded if possible , but if the nations budget can be used to rush other buildings that substanciallt more to the valua of our nation and if those units are turns away from a city with barracks , why should they not be put into shields , .....

soon we shall have cities that manage to produce units at a fast rate ( a couple turns ) when our nations budget can be used for something else it might be better if we disband the old unit , ....

sometimes its better to disband an old unit while building a new one in that city

some units cant be upgraded those shall go , but not before those units are replaced of course with a more modern one , ....

since we are going to have a good smc this disbanding of units shall not be needed to often , .....

as domestic minister panag shall urge and lobby to get techs like cavalry and infantry asap ( a long time away but still ) , this can only be achieved if we have a high science rate and a democratic form of gov

oh yeah , panag is a proud member of the DIA

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Congratulations to BH, and commiserations to panag.

Term 3 is never very far away...
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  Congratulations to BH, and commiserations to panag.

Term 3 is never very far away...
                  hi ,

duh , i dont need them , .....

have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                  X