NewZ UpdAtE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewZ UpdAtE

I sent this out to MarkG, DanQ and MWIA., and figured I would post it here as well.

NewZ UpdAtE

Howdy all. Things in the C3 Demo Game are going well. We the Vikings have made peace with out evil neighbors, the Ottomans, after taking one of their cities. After being sneak attacked prior to founding our second city, we were able to drive off the heathens, found one of our own cities, and send a mini-army consisting of 1 veteran archer, 1 regular archer, the Warrior Thag, and a guardian spearman for the stack. This mini army marched on the Ottoman city of Iznik. Our veteran archer prevailed in his attack, taking some damage. Our regular archer died gloriously, however he never even scratched the defending spearman hiding in the city. Our Supreme Military Commander decided at this point to send in his reserve, the brave if slightly drunk warrior Thag. Thag proved more than a match for the defenders, and after viewing his bravery the Ottomans decided to cede us Iznik in offering peace. Thag has been named a national hero. You can see a portrait of him in his glorious victory here in the first issue of our national paper, the Viking Harold.

Unfortunately, this game appears to be dying due to a lack of interest. With all the Demo games vying for attention, with RON being released this week, and the Northern Hemisphere having their summer breaks starting, we have only two people running for office next term. We have three more positions that need to be filled, and in most cases we would prefer to have an election instead of just letting the people who volunteer get the job (because elections are more fun, that is why). Anyways, if you have ever had any interest, please look here and sign up. The intent of the game is to have fun and help people to improve their skills in Civ. Each term of office only lasts a month, and chats where the game is played are usually only held 1 or 2 times a week, lasting for a couple of hours each time. Don’t worry if you cannot attend all of the chats either. Just post your orders in the appropriate threads. First timers are more than welcome and actively encouraged to join.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

I have done the past two. unless someone else volunteers, I will be doing them as prez next term. After that who knows.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Working...
    X