There are a couple of reasons for the drop off in participation, IMO:

It's Finals/Midterms.

Its Summer.

It's RoN/Gal Civ.

It's ISDG.

It's PTWDG I

It's PTWDG II

Finally:
    It's almost hopless that we will win; we may survive, but that is not winning, is it?

Comment

I'm a little lazy this days... But I'll be more active in one week or two.
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

From the start it has been made clear that the pure gamers did not want to be bothered by the democracy, and that they wanted a big challenge. They have the public attracted by this definition.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
          There are a couple of reasons for the drop off in participation, IMO:

.................................................. .

Finally:
          It's almost hopless that we will win; we may survive, but that is not winning, is it?
          We can win... But only with (almost) permanent war, say our experts.

Perfectly adequate for Vikings...
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

The game has hardly started! Give it a little time.

Most of bigfree's reasons are right on the mark

Comment

Originally posted by realpolitic
              I want to participate as a poster, but I've been waiting for more info on the game. The PTW games are about who's backstabbing whom, I don't enjoy it as much as this.

We can have a good demo game with fewer participants.

hi ,

it aint the number of people , its the way some people act with others , when some elected people completely ignore a pm or an email , ......

when some people run of to an other site and talk and spread whatever comes to mind , the liitle clans that form , .....

that and a whole bunch of other things that make some people forget in the end what its all about , ... a game , and what you do with a game , you are supposed to have fun , .....

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I'm back guys! (as RP guys would already know)

My thought on it is RoN + RL + Diety + Other DGs.
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Dead as Dillinger

j/k, I think we can win it... or get a little dignity as we go out. But maybe some do have a point about the difficulty level and the seriousness at such a level dissuading involvement.

But, also, I know my Deity level attempts have rarely been very successful. A win here could be a great learning experience, no matter how dogged it might be.
                  "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

I don't think we are dead, either as the Vikings, or as a DG.

I am hopeful that things will pick up soon,

Comment

I voted for Yeats - one of my favorite poets.

It ain't dead. There is a lot of competition - from both other games and RL stuff. The start was/is very interesting.

Play on!

I will sign up for a position.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I'm very concerned with the team DG in which I am Pope and thus have a time-eating job.
                        The ISDG has, thanks to ET, attracted me again and I'm planning to participate more in it.

I have too little lime to participate in three games with an important position in at least one of them.

I'll look from the sideline to this one and perhaps post now and then, but not very often.

Perhaps it also counts for this game: heavy debates between political parties and al lot of roleplay help us to regain participation.

I encourage the existing members to refound the DIA and battle with the warmongers.

Aidun
                        "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                        Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Two words =

School's over!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of being busy with work to do, I'm swamped with plans for summer (summer jobs, road trips, making sure I hang out with H.S friends at leats once to at least make it seem we're still friends... ) I'm sure other college students are having the same issues too, which is why you probably saw participation dropping. But Im sure it will pick up eventually. Just hang in there.
                          :-p

Comment

From my experience not in demo games but in real life, as long as you have a small core of dedicated people, that's all that counts. There's a saying, "things are best resolved in a committe of three people, two of which are always absent".

If other people don't participate perhaps they should say precisely why they don't want to. Like Aidun said, it's impossible for most people to have important jobs in every DG. That's why I just lurk here!
                            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                            X