Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me get this straight.

OK, gone for a week or so, let me get this right:

Ottomans declared war on us, attacked our capitol with some warriors and lost. (Did they make any demands, did we demand they leave?) This delayed our first settler a bit.

WE invade with the overwhelming force of 2 archers and one warrior, attack 2 spearmen, losing one archer and watching the WARRIOR, obviously temporarily possessed by Thor himself, take out the second spear to which the Ottoman "empire" then forfeits the (still defended) city AND SOME GOLD over to us for peace.

That about cover it?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Re: Let me get this straight.

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
    Ottomans declared war on us, attacked our capitol with some warriors and lost. (Did they make any demands, did we demand they leave?) This delayed our first settler a bit.
    they made no demands. just marched in to our lands, we asked them to leave, they declared war. we changed from settler to spearman, set us back a bit, busted them up good.

WE invade with the overwhelming force of 2 archers and one warrior, attack 2 spearmen, losing one archer and watching the WARRIOR, obviously temporarily possessed by Thor himself, take out the second spear to which the Ottoman "empire" then forfeits the (still defended) city AND SOME GOLD over to us for peace.

That about cover it?
    Yes. In all honesty, I do not recall if the Ottomons wanted to trade Iz for peace before we attacked, we kind of hurried it because we were so eager to see the results.

It's possible that they would have done that trade anyway, but our way is far more climactic

the city was defended by a regular archer. with the luck the warrior had, i was pondering sending the vet spear in
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

the best we could get out of the Ottomans before the attack on Iznik was less than 20gold, IIRC. No chance of a tech without at least 6gpt and 100+ gold.

It's about time we had some luck, so perhaps it's not too surprising that it came in the form of a lone Warrior possessed by liquors spirits.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

That warrior is a great hero! Did someone take notes on his name?
        Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
        Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
        Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

Yeah, he's my brother-in-law, and he's a real berserk. He has flugsvamp every day for breakfast, and he is suffering from lycanthropy. Furthermore, he thinks he's Odin. In other words, he's totally insane. Fortunately, he's the greatest Viking who ever lived, and we all have to emulate his habits.

So, without further ado...

Grrrunt. Kill. Ha hah. Give me mead. Grunt! Killllllllll! Die, scum! Hahahaha!

Historik Bloodaxe
          Empire growing,
          Pleasures flowing,
          Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

And I was sure mead would be the end of whatever civilization alraedy exists here. Go figure...
            Join a Democracy Game today!
            | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Re: Re: Let me get this straight.

Originally posted by UberKruX
              they made no demands. just marched in to our lands, we asked them to leave, they declared war. we changed from settler to spearman, set us back a bit, busted them up good.

Hm,

This is what I figured. Was it the 'please leave' or the 'leave or declare war', though?

My experience is that turning a blind eye to such ingresses on diety so early avoids war. However, all turned out for the best, and Ill have to take note of the super early 2 archer rush...
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Too bad that warrior wont upgrade into berserk.

SO Im guesing the setback with settler turned out alright. after all we recieved a city from the ottomans..
                :-p

Comment

It looked clear that they had planned this war for a while. If it hadn't been for our scout spotting them heading for us, disaster would have occured. Luckily we were prepared.
                  Aggie
                  The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

From memory it was the "declare war" option. Either way, as Aggie says, with that stack moving in ONLY our direction, there was little doubt as to their intentions.

We can't rely on this sort of luck the whole way through the game, but then we have a stack of luck building up somewhere (so far 4 empty huts!) and in a while we will at least have some options to work with.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I think that in future we should prepare for things a little bit better, but for now...it was brilliant! Well, sort of.
                      Empire growing,
                      Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Winter
                        hi ,

we should name a city after him , ....

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Winter
                          Unofficially, he has been called Thag in the forums.

We have not changed his name in the game however.
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing

Unofficially, he has been called Thag in the forums.

We have not changed his name in the game however.

hi ,

, then we should name the city something like ; "Thag the lucky warrior"

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Thagtown. Thag City. Thag Falls. Thaghorn. Thagard. Thagvik. Hmmm...not a lot to do with a name like Thag...
                              Empire growing,
                              Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Working...
                              X