Turnchat 4 - Time and orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnchat 4 - Time and orders

The next turnchat I hope to hold at 2200GMT/1700EST (2300 London, 1800 New York - you guys are on DAYLIGHT SAVING time - remember that) Saturday 10th of May - less than 48 hours away, in the #civ3dem room on Undernet due to people having connection problems with DALnet.

Please post orders or matters relating to the chat here.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

I will post orders subbing for Unortho again this time. Any and all input is welcome. This should be the last time I sub in orders as we should (hopefully) have a new DM prior to chat #5.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

i'll be there.

one more final to go. woo!
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Will be there too
        Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
        Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

FAM Orders for 2510 BC Onwards

Continue basically as before - keep trying for peace with the Ottomans at a reasonable price, but don't pay very much unless there's an actual danger that they'll take a city. Keep shopping around for techs with other civs as well, and if Masonry is available, buy it.

And btw, I would be attending this chat, were it not for the fact that it seems Undernet doesn't like me either It says something about checking Ident and then not recieving a response, and I have no clue as to why this is. Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated...

Comment

Odd. I had an easy time connecting. Try using port 6666 instead 6667...
            Join a Democracy Game today!
            | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Nope. Still doesn't work...

Comment

Epi to the rescue!

If you get k-lined, or some other identd problem, you are probably running some piece of software which creates a crappy identd server, such as trillian. There are freeware identd servers out there you can download, the only hitch is if you get one, it needs to be run before trillian or whatever the offending program is.

Comment

Well, here's an example of what it tells me when I try to access it:

[16:43] * Connect retry #98 quebec.qu.ca.undernet.org (6667)
                  -
                  [16:43] -quebec.qu.ca.undernet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
                  -
                  [16:43] -quebec.qu.ca.undernet.org- *** Checking Ident
                  -
                  [16:43] -quebec.qu.ca.undernet.org- *** Found your hostname
                  -
                  [16:44] -quebec.qu.ca.undernet.org- *** No ident response
                  -
                  [16:44] Ping? Pong!
                  -
                  Too many insecure sites in this netblock.
                  -
                  [16:44] Closing Link: GeneralTa by Princeton.NJ.US.Undernet.org (K-lined)
                  -
                  [16:44] * Disconnected
                  That give any indication as to what needs to be done?

Comment

K-line means you have been banned from the undernet servers.
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Try a different Undernet server

E_T
                      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                      Worship the Comic here!
                      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

I know at least one other civ besides the Ottomans has Masonry. I think the zulus, but they wont sell. Maybe this will change soon.
                        Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
                        Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

Sorry, not enough time to post orders. Good thing I will be there. I will be using the same graphic as from the last set of orders, basically continiung the plan.
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

GK's Map

Here is GodKing's map posted for easy reference...

First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
                            The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

You can find the map at http://apolyton.net/upload/files/godking/DM2900BC.bmp

Comment

Working...
                              X