X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnchat 3 - Report and Save

Alright, just got back from school.

That is Undernet on IRC.
    I am personally connected at: paris.fr.eu.undernet.org (Port: 6666)

We are in #civ3dem. I'll begin an 7pm my time!
    First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
    The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Turn 1

The spears threatening our northern territory retreated. A new enemy city was founded near the cow to the west (a bit north of the cow). and that was about it.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Ottomans attacked with 2 more warriors, and lost. Our second settler is moving north to found the Green city. 5 turns done, all is going well.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Posting save

7 turns into the turn chat and we are still alive. Second city founded.

Save attached
        Attached Files
        First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
        The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

Asked the Ottomans what they would like for peace. . .
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is the save!

REPORTING:

Turnchat #3
            Turn 1 2900BC
            Production changed in Asgard to Settler
            Scout Thor N, W
            Scout Odin W, NW
            2 Ottoman Workers and Veteran Spearman moved North of Asgard
            Reg Worker Moved S of Asgard
            Reg Spear Fortified in Asgard

Turn 2 2850BC
            Worker S of Asgard building road
            2 Slave Workers N of Asgard building road
            Scout Thor moves W, W
            Scout Odin moves W, NW
            Vet Spearman fortified on workers N or Asgard

Turn 3 2800BC
            Thor moves W, W
            Odin moves NW, W

Turn 4 2750BC
            Thor moves NE, NE
            Odin moves W onto mountain.

Turn 5 2710BC
            Roads completed both N and S of Asgard
            2 Ottoman Warriors and 2 Ottoman Spearman W of Asgard.
            Odin moves S, S
            Thor moves N, E, discovers GOODIE HUT towards the North!
            All workers mine tiles. But I ended up cancelling the southern worker. DOH. So a wasted turn on him. :-/

Turn 6 2670BC
            Settler completed! Settler Moves N, N
            Thor moves NE, N
            Veteran Spearman N of Asgard moves N to cover settler
            Odin moves W into Forest
            Our worker moves N, N, NE
            Production changed in Asgard to barracks
            Ottomans still won't talk to us...

Turn 7 2630BC
            Settler founds "The Second City" (Only a temporary name of course
            Thor moves NW and pops... nothing. Moves NW again
            Odin moves S, SW
            Worker SE of Second City builds road.

Turn 8 2590BC
            Odin moves W, S
            Thor moves NE, N

Turn 9 2550BC
            Due to objections over my sense of humor, The Second City has been renamed to Trondheim
            Odin SW, S
            Thor N, E

Turn 10 2510BC
            2 Ottoman Archers appear to the NW of Trondheim.
            Thor N, E
            Worker SE of Thronheim mines
            Odin moves SW, S
            Spearman moves from Asgard to Trondheim.
            ---------------------------------------------

Ottomans are about to enter our borders with 2 archers. Right now they will settle for Peace if we pay them 100 Gold. We currently have 110 Gold and 6GPT!

Discuss
            Attached Files

Comment

Congrats, WB! Great job, folks!
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas
              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

And we live to see another turnchat!
                Join a Democracy Game today!
                | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Another hut of nothing!?!

I sense an AI conspiracy!

Comment

Whew! Good to see that my bad luck hasn't tainted the Vice President! I'm glad that you'll be doing the Wednesday chats, WB - you can repair the damage done from awful luck during my Saturday chats! I look forward to looking at the save again...
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Good turn chat; sorry I missed it.

Comment

I completely forgot when the time came. Good thing too because I was doing homework.

Excellent progress. Could we get some math on what our chances our of surviving this assault? I wouldn't give them the money unless they had a pretty good chance of making it through our walls.

Comment

Yes - as Aro has said - great job WB, Uber, and GK.

Now peace for 100 gold, or not?
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Sorry Epi, we don't have walls in Trondheim. We were unable to procure Masonry during the chat so we can't build them yet. Right now our only bonus is that they have to cross a river to get to us. Here is some math:

(Spear) 2
                            (Fort) .50
                            (River).50
                            Total = 3

Makes me think, are they Vet Archers?
                            Also, if we move both spear into Trondheim, what is stoping the AI from walking right up to Trond and the crossing the river in a SE direction landing the stack smack in the middle (and on our road) of our cities?

This will be a difficult situation to deal with...
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Heh I didn't mean walls as in city walls (although that would make this entire conversation moot as they would't have a chance). Without looking at math directly, it seems to me they wont have a very good chance. Would the cost be more or less next turn?

Comment

Working...
                              X