DM City Placement Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM City Placement Poll

PLEASE ALSO LOOK AT THIS POST:http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...16#post1959916
    Vote "Other" and State which city if you wish to go with this plan (the earliest allowance for an Archer Rush)

The purpose of this poll is to decide first, a placement plan, and second which city to place FIRST.

First, the plans:

donegeal's map

This plan is specifically designed for an Archer Rush, and that alone. It has minimal corruption in all cities, allowing all cities to produce an Archer in 4 turns at most.

Weakness of this plan would be lack of real flexibility should that initial rush stall or completely backfire.

BigFree's Map

This plan spaces some cities a bit further apart, allowing for more future growth and a bit more flexibility. Most cities will still produce archers in 4 turns, but some of the ones will lose their ability to do it in 3 turns due to corruption. You will some of the sites are actually the same.

I would like to thank both BigFree and donegeal for helping to make these maps, and everyone else for helping in the discussion, that is what a demo game is all about

Please also see the discussion thread here:

Polling options:

A: donegeal's map plan
    A: BigFree's map plan
    A: Other (listed below)
    B: City A2 first (BigFree Map)
    B: City B first (BigFree Map)
    B: City C first (BigFree Map)
    B: City D2 first (BigFree Map)
    B: City E2 first (BigFree Map)
    B: Green City First (donegeal Map)
    B: Blue City First (donedeal Map)
    B: Yellow City First (donegeal Map)
    B: Red City First (donegeal Map)
    B: Other (listed below)

This poll will last right up till the time comes to place the first city. Please vote for one of each. If you feel you need to abstain, vote for them all, sorry forgot.
    A: BigFree's Map Plan
    25.00%
    A: donegeal's Map Plan
    20.00%
    A: Other (listed below)
    10.00%
    B: City A2 First (BigFree's Map)
    0.00%
    B: City B First (BigFree's Map)
    5.00%
    B: City C First (BigFree's Map)
    0.00%
    B: City D2 First (BigFree's Map)
    15.00%
    B: City E2 First (BigFree's Map)
    0.00%
    B: Green City First (donegeal's Map)
    0.00%
    B: Blue City First (donegeals Map)
    10.00%
    B: Yellow City First (donegeals Map)
    10.00%
    B: Red City First (donegeals Map)
    0.00%
    B: Other (Listed Below)
    5.00%
    Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; May 2, 2003, 09:54.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Update:

donegeal has a better Archer rush scenario in the discussion thread, also has researched the city placement map of his to be able to work well with a sword rush as well.

Basing on everything, I highly recommend that we place city D2/Red city first as they are the same city in all three plans, this will allow further discussion for a more permanent plan before we commit to a plan of action.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

You are correct that D2/Red is in all three plans, but in the tight Archer Plan it is not even needed (and I dout we will have time to build all these cities before war breaks out).
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

don, I really have to go now.

I added a bolded not to the top post about your other plan. Please PM GK if you think we need an entirely new poll put up. I understand your concerns, but RL is taking me away.
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

NP... sorry to here of your loss...

Here are some numbers for you guys:
          12 turns after my original plan is complete, we will have 12 Archers/Spearmen.
          In the same time with my second plan, we will have 20 Archers/Spearmen.

I also feel that BF's plan will put us into a REXing war with the Ottomans (City "B" is already bordering them). We won't win a REX war on Deity. Sorry BF...
          Last edited by Donegeal; May 2, 2003, 10:56.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Those are REGULAR archers/spear, right? Or were you counting on completing the barracks in between before the plan was 'complete'?

for Veteran, it would drop to roughly 8, and 16 respectively If my math holds up.
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I got don's plan. I am at work and only have a few minutes to let you know I agree with it. A new poll is needed. donegeal, if you have the time please feel free to post it. I will not be able to do so until tomarrow afternoon, just prior to the chat.
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I voted for bigfree's plan and city B to be founded first.

Aidun
                "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

hi ,

yellow should move one up and two to the left

white should move in the same line two up till after the cow

red should move one more down

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I voted for the blue city from dongeal's revised map which is NW NW of the capitol. I would see it as a camp city later to be disbanded (unless the capitol would be better to disband) and one step closer to the B city from BigFree's map which will give us COWS!
                    badams

Comment

Working...
                    X