DM Minister Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM Minister Office

Welcome to the Office of your Domestic Minister. Please make any suggestions and comments you wish.

Naming of Cities:

For this term, I will accept suggestions from each Minister, 1 each. After that, the suggestions will be put to a confirmation poll to the public, if the name is not overturned by a vote of 2/3 of the public, it will remain and the city name will be changed in game.

Decision based on this opinion poll as well as suggestions: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=84344

Name Suggestions:
    • MrWIA:.............___________ Confrimation Poll:
    • WhiteBandit:.....Protuberance (requests near a mountain/hill) Confirmation Poll:
    • UberKrux:..........___________ Confirmation Poll:
    • GeneralTacticus:___________ Confirmation Poll:
    • UnOrthOdOx:.....___________ Confirmation Poll:

Current 10 turn plan for Empire:

Build:

Current Map (sorry for poor quality, Im working on that):
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; April 30, 2003, 08:33.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Sounds good. Let me know if you need / want any assistance in any DM aspects.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Let me get that second city up, and Ill start dishing them out/organizing
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

So, nest term then... ok.
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

that tile has the bonus. i checked the sav in MWIA's post

does your plan have any chance of changing? what if we see stuff from the mountain? what would there have to be to make you change your mind?
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

does your plan have any chance of changing? what if we see stuff from the mountain? what would there have to be to make you change your mind?
            8 (or more) cattle tiles nearby would do it for me!

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
              that tile has the bonus. i checked the sav in MWIA's post

A food bonus that would bring it in the full radius if I moved W instead. I dont want to move more than one turn. Anything further away will make a good site for a settler pump as the first city out.
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Why two warriors? Shouldn't we build at least one more scout, and take advantage of our expansionist trait?

Edit: Granted, we'll need protection from those raging hordes. But without building any scouts, I think we're losing out on part of that civ trait.

Comment

"DM minister" = Domestic Minister minister??

anyways, I agree with Kloreep. We should build at least 2 more explorers. Barbarians do not tend to be such a big problem for the first 10 turns, so I don't see an undefended city as that big a deal.
                  Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                  King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                  ---------
                  May God Bless.

Comment

Really? A bonus?

And, if we don't use it for the Capital, I propose the city name "Asgard" - home of the Gods.

Of course, that would be PERFECT for the capital... (nudge, wink)

EDIT: Or maybe not.... Valhalla was within Asgard, so perhaps we chould consider naming our landmass Asgard instead...
                    Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; April 30, 2003, 00:38.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                      Why two warriors? Shouldn't we build at least one more scout, and take advantage of our expansionist trait?

Edit: Granted, we'll need protection from those raging hordes. But without building any scouts, I think we're losing out on part of that civ trait.
                      Noted and changed. Thanks.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep

I don't have any experience in Deity, but... Well, those Ottomans aren't so aggressive, but they have 2 spears in their second city. We may need some extra protection, just in case...
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas
                        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

We have a decision at present. We can either produce a THIRD scout, or a SECOND warrior before our first settler (due in 11 turns).

Personally I favor military units, but am willing to hear opinions/arguements for the scout.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Warrior. Once our scouts have got out this far, another will not help considerably. Warriors have attack and defense values, can bring martial law and if I build a Warrior then we can convince Uber we are getting him those Swords he wants so badly...
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Im a bit worried that both our scouts are heading N, though. minimap suggests we are already a bit to the norther end, another to head south/east?
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X