Are civ-specific abilities racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think ir is not racist...

BTW, datajack, Romans also had their own religion, not only Christianity...

Comment

Everything could be thought as racism (or better say "exclusionist").

For example, men doesn't have menstruation, so an Amazoness Civ should have a menstruation implementation in the game.

This is not racism, but BAD FOCUS on ideas!

The good thing to add in the game about this hipotetical Amazoness civ should be "because they doen't have men" no "because they are only women".

So, what about and higher growth rate just because they have higher higienic level?

(Yes yes, this example is SO RUDE!)
      Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

XarXo, how could they have growth rate at all if they're only women?

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul-Aziz
          BTW, datajack, Romans also had their own religion, not only Christianity...
          Not exactly their own religion, they stole it from the Greeks.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul-Aziz
            XarXo, how could they have growth rate at all if they're only women?
            Imagine that as a good reason for a war. They invade a kingdom and steal the "best" males and use them as slaves.
            Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Originally posted by XarXo
              They invade a kingdom and steal the "best" males and use them as slaves.
              Good idea
              A los niños les gusta jugar con soldaditos, y a las niñas, con muñecas. Cuando son mayores es al revés.

Sombra terrible de los Lisperger, voy a evocaros!

Comment

But still they'll have to reproduce... where do I sign??
                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Yes. So?

Comment

Yes. And sexist. I am disenfranchised every time I play Civilization.

Comment

I couldn't care less whether civ specific abilities are racist or not. Anyway, I do not think they are racist, they are nothing more than a means of adding interest to a game by allowing for different strategies.

Comment

I hope the ACLU doesn't browse these forums
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They're not racist from my POV....It would be interesting to see more civ-specific properties. But then again I'd like to see them as more of a series of optional paths you can choose: if you build/develop/do certain things, you gain one type of UU, etc.

Maybe that would make the game too abstract, but hey, it sounds good in theory.
                          DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Working...
                          X