idea about the Incas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idea about the Incas

I was thinking that, if another expansion was in the works for civ and the Incas were included in it, they could be the only civ to have the ability to build cities in the mountains.

This would be based on the remarkable historical fact of their infiltration of the Andes with cities like Machu Pichu.

In terms of game play they could be the only civ to be able obtain subsistence (food... maybe just 1 though) from mountain tiles. And the only one to be able to reap the defense bonus that living in the mountains would have for a city.

bleh
    "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Now, that would be cool.

The only problem would be balancing this advantage to other civs. Maybe you could give them a penalty somewhere else. Problem is they would become crap on very flat landscapes and very good on mountainy maps.

Comment

I like this idea, thought it might unbalance gameplay and give the Incans quite a large bonus compared to other Civs. You would have to detract something from them that other Civilizations get.

Comment

Give them one trait less.

Comment

What about the Swiss? They can do it, and they have their own special unit too: The Swiss Guards, used by the vatican (say Medieval Infantry with some bonus).

But I like this idea. I miss South American civs in civ3.

To stop this unbalancing other civs, well I don't think its something you could take an entire traight away for. how about just a crappy unit?

Comment

Or this: they have two traits as usual, but they have a special UU worker that can irrigate/road on mountains and give amazing results. Other than that, they have no other UU, and the mountain wouldn't give them any food at the beginning.
            Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

Now THAT's an idea! woo hoo!

(you know this could be a new trait, mountainous... there's quit a few other threads about that)

Comment

What if you had the civ-spec abilities turned off? would they not be able to build on mountains then?
                I think the idea is good, but balancing it would be difficult. How about resticted trade/commerce due to the isolational nature of being atop a mountain?
                -Sir T

Comment

We can cut the effects of the mountain irrigation/road down.

But considering that it is one of the two traits of the Inca, a railroad/irrigation on a mountain has to be pretty amazing to justify its existence.

And if the traits are turned off, then the Inca will just behave like any other civ, building on grasslands and plains.
                  Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

The Swiss? Huh. And their UU would be a bunch of guys charging into battle carrying those little knives...
                    And would they have a penalty in diplomacy, because the Swiss have historically been neutral?
                    Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
                    Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

Problem: What about if a country steal this productive mountain? The knowledge that triggers this UU should be later in Ancient Age, just for example: construction.
                      Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

I forgot, another great inclusion in South America could be the Aymará culture!
                        Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

A unique unit as a worker that can build irrigation on mountains?
                          Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
                          Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

Working...
                          X