X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merkava

israeli UU civilopedia entry
    ---
    In 1970, the decision was taken that the State of Israel would develop a tank for the Israeli Defense Forces. Nine years later, the first Mark-1 Merkava tanks were supplied to the IDF. Ever since then, the Merkava tank series have been used by Israel.

Merkavas are considered by many to be the safest tanks in the world. The tank's protection is based on all-round spaced ballistic armor. Not only are they safe, but they are efficient and deadly. With excellent mobility and maneuverability, it dominates the battlefield. It is armed with a powerful gun on a turret.

In Israel’s conflicts with neighboring Arab states from 1980 to 2002, the Merkava has proved itself again and again as one of the best tanks in the world.
    ----

what do you think? too long? too short? CRAP? im not an expert on tanks, but i figured i wouldnt need to go into to much detail...
    Last edited by jdd2007; October 6, 2002, 17:52.

To me it seems good, but I'm no tank expert either.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

cool. i had to compress from about a page on Microsoft Word. I took out the specifics of the thing, and a lot of its history.

Comment

i suggest specifying which five decades israel has fought those wars. IMO, it would give it more of a timeless feeling, something i enjoy in the civ games (and something the game doesn't have enough of)
        Never laugh at live dragons.
        B. Baggins

Comment

great point, sol. will do.

Comment

...I wonder if they have a 'David' Special Hero Unit Although it wouldn't fit well with Israel's modern special units
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

...I wonder if they have a 'David' Special Hero Unit
              or maybe he should be a Great Leader... (is that what you mean? or do you mean a UU?) either that or default leader
              Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

Re: merkava

Originally posted by jdd2007
                israeli UU civilopedia entry

In Israel’s conflicts with neighboring Arab states from 1980 to 2002, the Merkava has proved itself again and again as one of the best tanks in the world.
                Yes, in 2002 the Merkava proved very effective at demolishing Palestinian houses and killing rock throwers with its main gun. This tank has really proven itself (despite being destroyed by small bombs planted in the road).

Comment

*sidesteps political comment to avoid flamewar*

yes, carver, tanks are made to destroy, and to protect the soldiers inside. the merkava does this, but if you want to complain about israels actions, this is not the place

Comment

Although not being a friend of Israel's policy, which I consider contraproductive, I completely agree with jdd2007 that this is not the place. You can discuss this in the OT, there are always plenty people who are eager to discuss this issue.
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Your Israeli UU's description is excellent, much better than others in the original game (...Hoplite....). Is there a Mod you are working on and have Israel included?
                      " They will fight and die till the last warrior"
                      -Dimaratos to Xerxes, a few days before the battle in Thermopylae...

Comment

thanks for the compliment, Athitis

yes, apolyton has been working on an 'extra-civs modpack for a long time, and special thanks go to wernazuma

edit: yes, israel is included. go to the link in wernazuma's signature for information on the other civs.

Comment

although, Israel itself is not in the game, unless there has been a drastic change that i was able to miss. the Jewish people are being represented as the Hebrew civ. of course, if you want to name it Israel, knock your self out.
                          Never laugh at live dragons.
                          B. Baggins

Comment

I will also sidestep the political argument, and onlu wish to point out that a 100kg explosive charge is hardly a small bomb.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Russian tanks are best tanks in the world.
                              Thank you for your time and have a nice day.
                              *runs away*

Comment

Working...
                              X