Extra Pack (alpha): My first game as the Vikings and bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Pack (alpha): My first game as the Vikings and bugs

Hi Wernazuma, is it OK that I use this thread for experiences/bugs?

As you know I'm playing as the Vikings. I chose huge map, 16 civs (including all of the new ones) like you wrote. I set civ specific abilities to on, and used random settings for the map geography.

I started in a land down south with no rivers.
    My closest neighbor is the Hebrews. There was no problems talking to king David, but I think he looked a little stony (that's alright if you can't find a better picture of him). The Turks also live on my island, the leaderhead looks fine, they seem to be quite expansionist in cities.

The Dutch beat me to the Great Library and all my shields were lost.
    But when I got mapmaking from a trade with the Ethiopeans I started building the Viking UU, the Drakkar. It looks great and is a very nice unit to have on an islands map. I used the Drakkars long 'range' to reach the Dutch as the first civ, and I did some trading with Willem. He looks fine.

I have played to 670 AD, and I'll continue tomorrow.
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

The bugs!

The game runs fine, I've had no lockups or errors, but I've seen a few bugs so far:

The Vikings should be called 'The Vikings' instead of just 'Vikings'.
    It says in the foreign screen:
    King Knut of Vikings.
    BTW: I thought his name was Knud, atleast in Danish it is. I think you should change it to Knud as he was Danish.
    Proof: viking.no/e/people/e-knud.htm

Then there is the Viking city list. It could be better. I'll do some research tomorrow and post a suggestion to improve it.

The civilopedia about the Drakkar could be improved. Is Drakkar the same as longboat?

The Khmer leader looks like the head of an old statue, could we get a better picture?

The Polish leader is called 'something (can't remember) the Great', when you end a game and gets the score you will get a title, so maybe he will be 'something the Great the Weak'. It is not a big bug.

Now I forgot the last bugs... I'll post more tomorrow.

Edit: Additions
    Last edited by Hagbart; August 14, 2002, 17:37.
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

Comment

Re: The bugs!

[The Vikings should be called 'The Vikings' instead of just 'Vikings'.
      It says in the foreign screen:
      King Knut of Vikings.
      It must do the same with Chinese et al., because they have only "Chinese" and not "the Chinese", so I keep it that way.

BTW: I thought his name was Knud, atleast in Danish it is. I think you should change it to Knud as he was Danish.
      Proof: viking.no/e/people/e-knud.htm
      Changed.

The civilopedia about the Drakkar could be improved. Is Drakkar the same as longboat?
      I think so. However, if you can come up with a better one, I'll change the Civilopedia

The Khmer leader looks like the head of an old statue, could we get a better picture?
      Not if we want to have a picture of Jayavarman VII. I've looked in the internet, but couldn't find any better picture.

The Polish leader is called 'something (can't remember) the Great', when you end a game and gets the score you will get a title, so maybe he will be 'something the Great the Weak'. It is not a big bug.
      You're right. Changed.
      Last edited by Wernazuma III; August 15, 2002, 09:33.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Viking city list

After reasearching a number of hours, I've redone the viking city list. Nearly all the cities in the old list are used, I just corrected spelling error, added a few and rearanged the order:

Trondheim
        Uppsala
        Hedeby
        Skiringssal
        Birka
        Roskilde
        Oslo
        Visby
        Ribe
        Kaupang
        Sigtuna
        Lejre
        Nidaros
        Jomsborg
        Reykjavik
        Jelling
        København
        Borg
        Aarhus
        Stockholm
        Trelleborg
        Hladir
        Viborg
        Jarlshof
        Odense
        Skara
        Kalmar
        Jorvik
        Tønsberg
        Fyrkat
        Kvivik
        Sandur
        Holar
        Thingvellir
        Nonnebakken
        Hvarf
        Lindholm
        Holmgård
        Risby
        Hlymrekur
        Jarrow
        Dyflinn
        Ravning Enge
        Torshavn
        Lund
        Bergen
        Vorbasse
        Falun
        Sandavagur
        Helsingør
        Askrigg
        Thingvollur
        Göteborg
        Vedrafjord
        Linköping
        Last edited by Hagbart; August 15, 2002, 15:41.

Comment

I've changed the list, with 2 exceptions: I still have Hedeby as Haithabu (It simply is more Viking to me, sorry) and still have L'Anse-aux Meadows because I want the Viking expeditions to be included in the ExtraPack.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

That's OK. In the history book it says Hedeby (or Haithabu), so that's fine.

Comment

Working...
            X