Unit Poll on Best Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew_Jay
    I'd say Nationalism. You get a bunch of special stuff like Mutual Protection Pacts, and Mobilisation, in addition to a really good defender which can also be used on the offense;
    My standard strategy is to bypass nationalism and go straight for infantry.

Then I pump out tons of infantry, a few artillery and march on my enemies cities. Normally they've just got nationalism and upgraded to riflemen. Let me assure you riflemen don't look so good when they are ripped into by artillery and swarms of good-for-every-occasion infantry.

funny thing is that after doing this I get nationalism in the armistace agreement that follows

TG
    Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

Without question: Writing. If you want it more primitive, I could say Alphabet. Just look at the tech tree in the aerly ages and see all the possibilities the discovery of writing opens to research. By that time you wont earn a lot of money by selling them, but as not all the civs know each other, you can make some by selling the discovery many times. Writing opens the possibility of written agreements, etc.
      Hugs
      Yellfromhell
      Embassador of Uruguay (the country best known because its flag always appeared between USAs and USSRs flags when they were ordered alphabetically - in spanish USSR IS 'URSS').

Comment

hi ,

the introduction of mech infantry really rocks , ....

it can shift the game in favor of the one that has them first , ....

have a nice day
        Attached Files
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

cavalry
          CSPA

Comment

Well, as has already been said Iron Working is great if your are going on a conquest near the start of the game, otherwise I love Steampower. Mmmm so much movement...
            God's last message to his creation: WE APPOLIGISE FOR ANY INCONVIENIENCE
            -Douglas Adams-

Comment

nukes can be fun
              CSPA

Comment

Only problem is that there is no way to create a unit that cleans up pollution. If any Fixaris people want to take this up and create an ability like in Civ 2 to clean up pollution after it has happened, they are most welcome. Another feature, I would like if Fixaris are still messing with the game's mechanics is the ability to have units that when you have the pre-requisite technologies you can build different versions of the same unit. Ie. with rocketry you can build the conventional rocket launcher, with nuclear fusion, by getting the ability to produce a nuclear weapon, you get the ability to make a nuclear rocket version, and maybe with refrigeration, and precision-targeting biological agents.
                Air Power support for all other units to the max!!!

Comment

Electronics. That's what gets you Hoover Dams right?
                  :-p

Comment

I reckon that would be cool having the ability to create the same unit but different each time. Anyway I would also like the ability to give units a different stealth value because it seems strange that old age subs can remain as cloaked as modern subs. Anyway Healz.

Comment

That would be good for partizans. Moving by without being noticed.

Comment

Crazyness of Current Stealth in Civ

But doesn't anyone else find it crazy that you can a modern sub just as well cloaked as a WWII one in a modern environment when the WWII ones were built with a different set of technologies in mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X