Unit Poll on Best Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Poll on Best Technology

I wish to poll people on what they think is the best technology in the game of CIVIII. What does everybody think?
    Advanced Flight
    0.00%
    Integrated Defence
    7.69%
    Stealth
    0.00%
    Robotics
    15.38%
    Synthetic Fibres
    53.85%
    Other
    23.08%

The poll is expired.

Air Power support for all other units to the max!!!

Without a doubt: Roads. No other advance has such a great impact on the game, and we're very lucky to get it for free.

The next best thing is The Republic, easily.

The choices of your poll are all extremely minor and won't even be researched in most games.

Oh by the way, you're on the wrong forum for this topic.
    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Hmmm, dunno, Warrior code, Iron Working, Horseback riding, perhaps Chivalry or Military tradition. None of the above. And yes, wrong forum.

Comment

I'd say Nationalism. You get a bunch of special stuff like Mutual Protection Pacts, and Mobilisation, in addition to a really good defender which can also be used on the offense; you are also guaranteed Riflemen since they don't need resources. I love getting Nationalism fairly early and just pumping out Rifleman after Rifleman. Where they also have a fairly decent attack they are great for beating up on every other civ that hasn't researched it yet. Even though Cavalry has a much greater attack, I think Nationalism gives you a very good all around unit that can easily be used for both offense and defense, not to mention all the cool new diplomatic and domestic optioins.
        You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

I say advanced flight for the ability to develop helicopters and paratroopers and possibly if there is one helicopter gunships. By the one has anyone got a nice picture of an Apache or anything I could use. I like helicopter gunships. They are so useful for their flight abilities.
          Air Power support for all other units to the max!!!

Comment

Synthetic Fibres... Modern Armor is pretty damn good.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

The Republic is the best technology, Iron Working is good too. But the most important technologies are certainly in the early ages...
              FRANCE.

Comment

I think military tradition. By the time you get modern armour, the game is usually decided. But, when you get miltary traditio; massive knight upgrade-attack-domination

Comment

Steam Power

Comment

Republic for builders
                    Iron Working for early-game conquests.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Replacement Parts

Makes all crucial rubber visible, gives us the mihgty killer of horses, the infntry, and brings in bombardment as a major instrument of war with the king of the battlefield, artillery.

EDIT: it also increases the speed of your workers, giving a major boost to builders.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'd say Nationalism.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

hi ,

republic , ...

as Ribannah metioned , roads are good , maybe an extra tech tree in where we learn to build them would be , ...

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Apart from Roads (can't get too far without them), I'd have to say Replaceable Parts. Introduction of the infantry means cities are quite a bit less vulnerable to cavalry, Workers get a boost, Rubber becomes visible (can't build tanks later on without rubber) and artillery becomes powerful enough to be able to play an offensive role in warfare.

After that would be Motorized Transportation. Tanks becoming available, a golden age for Germany (only good if you're playing as Germany though), pounding through enemy infantry gets quite a bit easier.

Finally, ECONOMICS!!!

Yes. Being able to gather more gold from shields is a welcome change. But it also lets you get the very wonder that can make you into the greatest economic powerhouse in the game: SMITH'S TRADING CO. Believe me, without that one, warmongering as a republic or democracy is damn well difficult, as there is no free unit support. Having all of your commercial buildings paid for really frees up the gold to make a larger military possible (in my latest game as the Incan civ I added to my game, I was finding myself strapped for cash in the late industrial era, even with the Smith's Trading Co. Wonder. Imagine my economy without it).
                            "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                            "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                            "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Steam power. Railroads rules!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X