No announcement yet.

Expansion Pack: Cities and leaders for existing civs part2: Germans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't remove the Austrian cities, it was one of the merits of the list that you included them in the first place.
    And you're right, the idea of Austria in contrast to Germany is a recent invention, in fact, an invention of the victorious allies after the war who were obsessed with keeping Germany weak. Hence why the govt of the newly formed Austrian state were overuled by the WW1 victors when they voted for union with Germany, hence why Anschluss was banned by Versailles and again after WW2 and hence the "first victim" nonsense the allies made up after ww2.

Comment

Well, the "first victim nonsense" was rather made up by ourselves, because we didn't want the world to blame us for the Nazi-terror as much as the Germans...
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Breslau is in the list and Stettin and Danzig were no "Nazi-Germany" cities. They were German all the way until 1918.
        Yes, of course... That's why they were founded by Poles
        and the root of their names is Polish...

I could even understand You saying that about Wroclaw (Breslau) and Szczecin (Stettin), as they were behind Polish borders for a couple of centuries,
        (after feudal partage of Poland in Middle Ages,
        and fell of the kingdom, western parts of it, Silesia and Pomerania, though under Polish dinasties (later germanised) did not respect the reconstruction of it
        and stayed outside of Poland)
        but Gda?sk (Danzig) belonged to Germans only in (practically, not legally) to Teutonic Knights in parts of XIV and XV century, and since the very end of XVIII century to the start of XX one (with some pauses) - for about 120 years. Is it "all the way until 1918"?

If I can teach You something, cities such as Berlin,
        (Berlin) Rostock (Roztoka/Roztock), Leipzig (Lipsk)
        Dresden (Drezno), Chemnitz (God knows what was its name), Shwerin (Skwierzyn), Lubeck (Lubica/Bukowiec
        today Lubeka), Potsdam (Postupin, today Poczdam)
        Zwickau probably too,
        weren't founded by Germans either...
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

So Koeln/Cologne (Colonia Agrippina), Mainz (Mogontiacum) and many more were founded by the Romans, so?
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

It's something different;
            these cities were found by Romans on Germanic territory. Cities like Berlind were found by Slavs
            when the entire territory around it was Slavic.
            Anyway I don't mind cities like Brandenburg and Meklemburg for the Germans, but giving them Wroclaw,
            Gdañsk and Szczecin is idiotic.
            (as well as giving Kijow-Kiev or Lwow - Lvov -ukr. Lviv
            I believe - to Russians).
            Middle East!

Comment

So Wroclaw is wrong and Breslau is right?
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

No; giving this city - under any name - to Germans is wrong.
                Middle East!

Comment

Strassburg can't be German if it's French at the same time (damn French!). That's like having Konigsberg in Germany and Kaliningrad in Russia at the same time (damn Russians!). And how about Danzig (damn Poles!)?
                  I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

I've lots of cities in more than one city list. Thus I try not to be too insulting to anyone.
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

"Strassburg can't be German if it's French at the same time"

to correct my own post, they can do that, appearantly. Byzantium is a city for Rome and Istanbul is a city for the Ottomans
                      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

..as well as Londinium/London

I don't think we should have a citiy for different civs...it just looks strange to me. Nevertheless I would include Straßburg in the German list just because it has been extremely important as a cultural centre of Germany (e.g. many of Goethe's books were influenced by his time in Straßburg)...I'd also leave the Austrian cities (don't forget the Habsburgs habe also been German Kaisers for a long time...and Austria did have a bigger influence on the other German states than Prussia for a long period). Swiss cities should be taken out of the German list, as they became independent very early.
                        www.civforum.de

Comment

Working...
                        X