It's your choice
    Portuguese
    50.00%
    Dutch
    5.00%
    Polish
    45.00%

The poll is expired.

"The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

portugese - for the simple reason that the iberian peninsula is too small for two civs! also, they would be too similar to the spanish in the game (same time GA, similar influence on the world (just less)).
    dutch are squashed too...
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Portugese, for sabrewolf's suggestion... and also because Poland-Lithuania, while not sending out as many explorers, etc, had a much larger empire... and the Dutch affected much political event with their mercantilistic fleet, etc.

Although, it's a close tossup between the Dutch and the Portugese, a good case can be made for either one.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Why, the Poles, of course. I know they had a bigger empire, etc., but the Portuguese had a greater impact on the world around them, and they had a very large empire in Brazil. They also had some of the most fearless explorers of the period, my personal favorite being Captain Pedro de Texeira, who went down the Amazon in search of the Spanish empires. The Portuguese should definitely be in.
        Empire growing,
        Pleasures flowing,
        Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Polish.
          CSPA

Comment

The Portuguese must be in. Their influence on the world has been far greater than Poland's.
            Ever heard of Magellan, Vasco da Gama, Brazil, Angola, Mozambique etc?
            CSPA

Comment

Well, we can play the same game with Poland:
              Ever heard of Kopernikus, Chopin, John Paul II etc?

Also, I think, that strategically in Civ3 the Poles have a bit more free space to develop on an earth map.
              This, and the simple fact, that Polish members in this community were much more active in adding to the discussion here than Portuguese. I think this should be taken into account too.
              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Do we have any portugese?
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

zealot

Comment

It's official now: The poll has run for a week and has timed out. 10:9 is very close indeed. Maybe I'll make a second version with Portuguese later on.
                    For the meanwhile: Sorry.

Comment

dutch, cuz i saw AP2 (yah i know the poll is closed)

seriously though, if i had seen this poll before it closed, i would have voted poland.

Comment

None of them.

Comment

Working...
                        X