IMPORTANT ExtraPack decisions to be made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT ExtraPack decisions to be made

The Extra Pack is almost ready, except for some units, so this thread is meant to be for all remaining discussions.

There is one SEVERE problem: The editor doesn't allow more than 15 additional civs! This means, we got to dump one of ours. I don't want to remove the Khmer (which were last in the poll), because we already have so little non-european civs. The Poles, last Europeans in the poll, have a very large crowd, moreover their UU, the Hussar, is ready, so I don't plan to remove those either.

What leaves Dutch and Portuguese as possibilities.
    Personally I don't care much about which of these will be removed. Two minor points in favor of the Dutch: We could simply use the Man-O-War graphics for the Ship of the Line and I've already done the Civilopedia entry.
    Your opinions?

Until now, all leaderheads except for Genghis Khan are not animated, nor do they show any "feelings". I was also not able to make the "beaten up" graphics. Could anyone else do them?

Also, another question: Should we change the city lists and leaders of the existing civs or simply let them as they are?

That's it for now, any comments?
    Last edited by Wernazuma III; August 4, 2002, 08:58.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Whatever... don't kill the Dutch....

please...

Comment

Hi,

I have just checked out your site and saw a few minor details that are not correct about the Dutch...

The name 'Netherlands' should be 'The Netherlands'

Ruler 'William Orange' should be 'William of Orange'

Leaders 'Maurice' is not a dutch leader, use 'De With' instead. ('Piet Heyn' is a first and lastname together, if everywhere else only the lastname is used only 'Heyn' should be shown)

Hope you can pick these minor points up. I can't before I can play it

Can you tell us when it will be ready?
      (and just to be sure: kick the portugese...)

Keep up the good work!

Comment

C'mon, dump Poland. They're not even remotely as significant as Portugal let alone the Dutch.

Existing civs: please adjust the city lists, they're horrible! (You do have my Iroquois city list, with capital Onondaga, right?)
        Same for the existing great leader lists.
        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
        Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Hmm... I'd say you keep all European civs and drop an old one (Iroquis!!) out. If that's possible. If not, I'd have a hard time deciding...

Btw, could you copy / paste all the new civs? I can't remember them all!
          You make my life and times
          A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Oh, and couldn't The Netherlands also be called Holland? I'm not sure which one is more "historical"...
            You make my life and times
            A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Holland is a province of the Netherlands.
              Ribannah: I really won't dump the Poles. LoD and several others did quite a bit modmaking, much more than e.g. Portuguese people did, and I don't want in the last instance to dump them.
              I think I want to go for Portugal, Portugal never was so tremendously important, except for the territory they claimed. The Portuguese golden age compared to the Dutch is humble IMHO .
              But I'll make a poll about this, even including the Poles. But only these 3 civs, no chance that I'll dump a non-european.

Ade: I won't change anything about the old civs except for the cities and leaders. I don't want to alter the game more than necessary. Other people then can make changes to the Pack, but it's meant to be an addition and no modification.

Ribannah: I'll open new threads on the alteration of existing civs. I'm not sure if I got your list. Could you simply pm it to me? Thanks, Wernazuma

(Good to see that there still is interest)
              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Here is my city list for the Iroquois.
                If you want them in exact chronological order, I'll need to do a little more research.

IMHO we need at least 50 towns for all civs, I hate it when I get to New Paris way before the AD years!

Onondaga (Onondaga)
                Oneida (Oneida)
                Teyagon (at Toronto) (Seneca)
                Ganaraske (at Port Hope) (Cayuga)
                Akwesasne (=Saint Regis) (Mohawk)
                Canienga (Canienga=Mohawk)
                Ogdensburgh (=Oswegatchie) (Onondaga / Oneida)
                Caughnawaga (Mohawk)
                Cattaraugus (Seneca)
                Kente (Cayuga)

Gandesetaiagon (=Oshawa) (Seneca)
                Tiohero (Cayuga)
                Niagara Falls (Neutral / Tuscarora)
                Tonawanda (Seneca)
                Owego (Cayuga)
                Kanagaro (Mohawk)
                Opolopong (Oneida)
                Grand River (Seneca)
                Deseroken (Onondaga)
                Allegany (Seneca)

Salamanca (=Bucktooth) (Seneca)
                Tuscarora (Tuscarora)
                Saratoga (Mohawk)
                Geneseo (Seneca)
                Chondote (Cayuga)
                Tyendinaga (=Brantville) (Mohawk)
                Tueadasso (Onondaga)
                Buckaloon (Seneca)
                Onnontare (Cayuga)
                Skohare (Mohawk)

Catherine's Town (Seneca)
                Ganogeh (Cayuga)
                Lac des Deux Montagnes (=Oka) (Mohawk)
                Skannayutenate (Cayuga)
                Oriska (Oneida)
                Canajoharie (Mohawk)
                Oil Springs (Seneca)
                Gannentaha (Onondaga)
                Buffalo Creek (Seneca)
                Neodakheat (Cayuga)

Cowassalong (Oneida)
                Union Springs (Cayuga)
                Venango (Seneca)
                Nowadaga (Mohawk)
                Chemung (Seneca)
                Osquake (Mohawk)
                Cittenango (Oneida)
                Gadoquat (Onondaga)
                Onnahee (Seneca)
                Mingo Town (Iroquois)
                A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Working...
                X