Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Civs do you predict will be in the official XP and which civs will they be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beren

If Iroqouis would have been an European civ, I'd doubt they'd be included. They wanted a native civ and chose the best one avaiable.
    If the Iroquois would have been a European civ, they would have conquered / adopted Europe in its entirety and traded with Arab and Inca colonists.
    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by siredgar
      Isn't the term "aborigine" used widely outside of Australia or New Zealand? I know they called themselves the Maori in N.Z., but what do they call themselves in Australia?
      They call themselves Koori.
      A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
      Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Thanks.

By the way, I just read that New Zealand has decided to break its legal links with the U.K. Interestingly, relating to this topic, the Maori have been particularly using this link to the British higher courts to appeal on cases re: their treaty with the Empire.
        "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

come on folks, this thread is starting to stray off track a bit. There are plenty of other threads to discuss personal preferences, but this thread was meant to try to read into what Firaxis is planning. No offense to a fellow Iroquois fan Ribannah Bananna.
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Threads always stray from the topic. Stop being a discussion dictator!

Anyhow, I was quite serious about my list. Although I think if there is indeed an expansion pack, there will be eight additional civs, not 10 like I suggested. The order remains the same, however, at least for me.
            "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

Spanish- Phillip II/Isabella- Madrid- Re/Ex
              Tercio (4.6.2) Rifleman/Musketman

Mongols- Batu Khan- Karathroum (sp?)- Mi/Ex
              Horse Archer (2.1.3) Horseman

Celtics- Bordicca- Catiff (sp?)- Mi/In
              Beserker (2.1.1) Warrior

Carthagians- Dido- Carthage- Co/Ex
              War Galley (2.1.3) Galley

Vikings- ???- Trodhiem (sp?)- Mi/Co
              Longboat (2.1.3) Caravel

Arabs- Saladin- Baghdad/Mecca- Re/Co
              Mamulk (sp?) (5.3.2) Knight

Incans- ???- Cuzco- Re/Sc
              Sun Knight (2.2.2) Horseman

Hewbrews- David- Jerusalem- Re/Co
              Zealot (3.2.2) Swordman
              "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

(1) Incans
                (2) Vikings
                (3) Mongols
                (4) Some African Civ (mb Mali or Nigerians or Assyria or something like that)
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Signa
                  Mongols- Batu Khan- Karathroum (sp?)- Mi/Ex
                  Horse Archer (2.1.3) Horseman
                  I would make it a fast knight.

And Lawrence of Arabia, Assyria is not an African civ.

Comment

Ya i just realized that. I mean the civ which the Italians invaded in Ethopia
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Call it: Aksumite, Ethiopia, Abessinnia or something like that.

Comment

This is a little slow, but...

I would like to make the Mongol Horse Archer a 4.3.3 Knight, but the Chinese Rider forbides that. Unless China slides over the Horse Archer has to be either a Horseman or Cavalry (now which would you choose...).
                        "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

Ya know, while I generally don't object to any civs being included (the more the merrier), I have to draw the line at the Mongols. Sure, they're cool. They conquered. But a civilization? No. Nomadic barbarian horsemen. The barbarian tribes of the game already got them covered. Let's not waste a civ slot on them.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I think they will only have 7, possibly 8 just for the novelty
                            It will likely be-
                            1. Mongols
                            2. Sioux
                            3. Celts
                            4. Korean
                            5. Vikings
                            6. Arabs or Turks
                            7. Spain
                            8. Incans
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Beren

I personally have nothing against this. He lead armies, was first to spread the faith and because of him there really is an Arab culture in the Middle-East which is of any importance.
                              Somebody said something on a forum. (Can't remember who it was, please restate your point.) That it would be an insult to the Islam, because there are no images left of Mohammed.
                              Until better evidence is given, I disagree, however for one simple reason: Mohammed was not sacred, he was considered to be a simple man, who happened to be chosen by God.
                              If there are any Arab Apolytoners please reply, so we can learn what we can and what we can't do.
                              Actually it is unlawful for anyone to potray Muhammad (or any other leader, for that matter, but, sadly, it has happened ). The reason is because if there was an image of him, people might follow that, just like what, afaik, Christian's do about Jesus (i.e. the son of God). So, he is out of the picture (plus he shouldn't be a hero either). Should but Salahuddin or Harun al-Rashid (since, afaik, there are pictures of what they looked like).

Comment

Working...
                              X