This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iroquois aren't important enough to be in Civ3

Neve more than 1 million people, without cities and having researched some ancient techs at best are the Iroquois deserving to be in the game?
    Yes - because they are Americans
    19.23%
    Yes - for no reason
    28.85%
    No - they weren't civilized
    19.23%
    No - they were too small
    26.92%
    I don't care
    5.77%

Here we go again. I think we've had this thread a dozen times before.
    Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
      Here we go again. I think we've had this thread a dozen times before.
      Show me the other poll! I actually replaced the Lincoln-Americans with the Iroquois. So it is different.

Comment

How many million people lived in Greece at the time of their rule?

The size of Iroquois towns (up to 4,000 people) was the same as standard European towns at the time. And note that back then even London was entirely made of wood, a fact that did not escape the population when the fire broke out ...

How many non-ancient techs did Babylon research?

The Iroquois discovered constititional Democracy and had advanced agriculture (the Three Sisters system) and war tactics, all before the start of their Golden Age. For a long time they had more skilled Musketmen than any other power in North America.
        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
        Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

By the way, your 'poll' is flawed, since the option 'Yes, because they were the main civilization in the region' or some such is missing.
          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
          Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

I think there are too many European civs in the game.

Romans
            Greeks
            English
            French
            Germans
            Russians

It could be Romans or Greeks. I would prefer Greeks.

English, French, and Germans... Just one please. They're all Germanic tribes anyway.

The Iriquois should definately be in there.

Where are the Inca? Where are the Turks? How about Polyponesians? Why not the Amazons or something, so South America can have a couple? I would prefer a more diverse selection. Just my opinion.

Comment

*g*

They're thrown together from 6000 years of human history, recorded only by the victors and viewed from a European perspective. Whaddaya expect? It's a game not my doctoral thesis... And it's fun
              "One fool can ask more questions in a minute than twelve wise men can answer in an hour."
              - Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Comment

None of the Above. Yes because they were a long-lasting nation, one of the most civilized native american tribes, and 60% of the basis for the US government

Comment

This is a strange poll. Heavily biased.

The two 'YES' votes are at least a little insulting. A real 'yes' vote doesn't exist.

The two 'NO' votes simply can not be true. It is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact. Neither 'NO' option is valid.

Was this poll designed in jest? You could at least throw in a smiley or two so that newbie Native American Apolyton visitors don't get offended.
                  sum dum guy

Comment

I happen to be from the area that was the heart of the Iroquois nation, and have learned through my years many various pieces of their history, culture and achievements. I live actually only 2 hours from Salamanca (which, sadly, has gone the way of most 'reservations' - tax-free fuel and cigarettes) and am disappointed that there is so little mention of the Iroquois in history texts. They were major players in early America (the two wars, "French and Indian" and the American Revolution) and, as it has been mentioned above, were a strong basis for the American government.

(A common Americanism, "to be on the warpath" comes from Iroquois customs, too!)

Comment

Originally posted by muppet
                      The two 'YES' votes are at least a little insulting. A real 'yes' vote doesn't exist.

The two 'NO' votes simply can not be true. It is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact. Neither 'NO' option is valid.
                      Definitely true...not only were they large, civilized farmers, but also a role model for european settlers and especially the american rebels (not meaning to have a negative connotation...)... in the boston tea party the people did not dress up as indians and particularly iroquois as a disguise, but because they were a symbol of liberty!

Comment

They deserve to be called a civilization, but there are more important civilizations that should be in the game.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

hmmm...maybe, like spain or turkey or something, but another american civ is needed, and the only choices would be iroquois, sioux, and incas...and then remember that firaxis wanted to have canada, the us, and mexico in the game...

The best solution to all of this would definitely have been to have more civs overall...

Comment

Agreed.
                            But that doesn't solve the problem. Even if you'd put about 200 civs in the game, the Birmese start complaining they're not in the game and think they're more important than something like Sioux, Cheyenne or other Indian tribe.

It would of course be cool to start on a huge map with say 30 civs and that gradually new ones appear. Maybe on a tiny map would be even cooler.

Comment

Thats where CtP came into its own, you could choose which civs you wanted to in any given game. (Replacement) Slots were then provided for additional civs.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X