3 weeks to game 7 Civs of the week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akron
    What's the point of doing civs of the week after the release? I guess they may be sorta useful to the casual player looking to buy the game, but all the info will immediately be out on apolyton as soon as people get their hands on the game.
    just a thought but since the game will will ship
    later outside america........ it's makes perfect sence
    to keep doing civ of the week IMHO
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by dainbramaged13

who pays for apolyton?!?
      Well, there IS the Apolyton store...
      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

To be honest, I haven't kept up on the 'Civ of the week' thing at the website. Too busy here I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
          To be honest, I haven't kept up on the 'Civ of the week' thing at the website. Too busy here I guess.
          Me too...

I just look at the new unit, and see what is new about it, and also look at the new screens. That is all I do now!!!
          "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
          "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
            Note that the latest news is that it is three weeks from "going gold." That is the date Firaxis sends it to the publisher, not the release date. Should see the game in stores, pre-order shipping around Thanksgiving. Does that give them enough time to do all the civs?
            Really? My preorder form says 2-day airmail. Wouldn't that mean I'd get it on November 1st or thereabouts?
            "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
            "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
            "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
              Sadly enough, the CotW is the highlight of my week! After 5 days of toil, it's nice to come home and see a new civ up on the site. Then I rush over here to see if anybody's posted anything on it. Surely enough, "Civ of the Week: Blah" has 97851 replies already even tho' it came out 10 minutes ago. It makes the whole thing feel gemütlich (hard to translate into English).
              "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Comment

Actually, anyone who knows me also knows that I rather dislike previews. I rarely watch movie previews once I know that I want to see the movie (funny watching me close my eyes, cover my ears, and start chanting 'LA LA LA LA LA' when the movie commercials come on ).

So this is the REAL reason why I am not interested in the CotW: I want to enjoy the full effect of CivIII when I get it, nothing being spoiled.

Comment

Originally posted by alva848

just a thought but since the game will will ship
                  later outside america........ it's makes perfect sence
                  to keep doing civ of the week IMHO
                  True, it is good for people who won't immediately buy the game, but the point is that all the info will be available on a number of fan sites. Yeah, I guess that it will be useful for luring in more casual gamers who want info directly from firaxis, but its information will already be available here for all the more serious gamers.

I'm pretty sure someone will get his hands on the game and play for 48 straight hours and then post a thousand screenshots on apolyton and type in all the info on everything, then post the entire manuel (please? )...

Ok, maybe I'm going a bit too far...

Comment

When i get the game i won't be posting for like a week
                    Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

After the game comes out, I'm going to avoid Apolyton for a while. First, I'll have to wait for my computer to come back from being repaired and I don't want to know everything about the game before I play it. I just want to know as much as everybody else. Then I'll play the game, making daily stops into Apolyton to see if everybody else is finding the game to be as great as I!

Comment

Originally posted by Akron

I'm pretty sure someone will get his hands on the game and play for 48 straight hours and then post a thousand screenshots on apolyton and type in all the info on everything, then post the entire manuel (please? )...
                        There has also been speculations on that nobody
                        is going to be here on Ape when Civ III is released.
                        Expect me, who can't get a copy on 28th October.
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                        X