No announcement yet.

Civs bound to colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the option to randomly pick a civ to play with? I really think this would be a great option to have in multiplayer. Would force us all to learn multiple strategies depending on what civ we end up with.

Was something they should have had in SMAC because my friends and I always had to pick out of hats to decide who got to be who. Allow us to randomize it please!
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
      What about the option to randomly pick a civ to play with
      I think that would be a FANTASTIC idea... reminds me of playing Axis and Allies, we'd turn the information cards over and picked our countries that way...it sucked to be Japan when Germany was picked by an idi... umm, "strategically challenged" person,
      "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk." -Tuco Benedicto Juan Ramirez
      "I hate my hat, I hate my clubs, I hate my life" -Marcia
      "I think it would be a good idea."
      - Mahatma Ghandi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Comment

I want to add one more thought to the civ-color topic:

I already informed the Firaxis team to be aware of players suffering from color-blindness. It would be a great help for those players (including me) to choose the colors for each civ to avoid "bad" color combinations.
        I know Firaxis released a color-blindness-patch for Alpha Centauri
        (first ever in the computer-gaming-history ?!) and I am optimistic that they will not forget this when designing Civ3.

Note that 1 of 12 (male) people suffer from color-blindness !

have a nice "civ3-waiting" time !
        Never mind the dog, beware of the owner !

Comment

Originally posted by BlastDuke
          I want to add one more thought to the civ-color topic:

I already informed the Firaxis team to be aware of players suffering from color-blindness. It would be a great help for those players (including me) to choose the colors for each civ to avoid "bad" color combinations.
          I know Firaxis released a color-blindness-patch for Alpha Centauri
          (first ever in the computer-gaming-history ?!) and I am optimistic that they will not forget this when designing Civ3.

Note that 1 of 12 (male) people suffer from color-blindness !

have a nice "civ3-waiting" time !
          I couldn't agree more...I'm not color blind, but if the colors are set those who plays as the french would then have a huge risk of becoming color blind
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Sure, I'll jump on the ol' band wagon. I wanna be able to play one civ from each continent, or each civ from the same continent. By the way, I wanna be able to play with only one opponent, or even have an interesting non- militaristic game with just li'l ol' me. And I hope neither colors for specific civs or colors for human players are set in stone. I also want the game to be able to surprise me as to who I play, like in Alien Crossfire. Also I'd like to be able to set a group less than the total number available (including Editor civs and Scenario Civs) for the game to randomly choose from, so if using the Editor and Scenarios there are 16 European Civs, I can Choose from only the European ones.

About Axis & Allies, we'd just randomly pick from a set of one of each country's territory markers. On the computer, I love being Japan... it's easy to just sweep across the Asian continent. And I resemble that German Strategically Challenged Player remark!

Comment

Working...
            X