Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite Civs of the 16 featured, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite Civs of the 16 featured, and why?

Although over the course of Civ I and II I have used every Civ at least once or twice, or even thrice, i have come to have developed a set of favorites. I enjoy the Russians, Germans, Chinese, Zulus, and Egyptians especially, but i plan on starting my first game of Civ3 with the Aztecs, due to a personal fascination with their history and culture.
    Also, I have always been a supporter of the underdog, and enslaving the western Europeans with the Aztecs has always given me a special sense of accomplishment.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

I really dont have one yet but since the civs will be so different from eachother im sure I will have some favourites, for now I the Romans are my favourites.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

chinese, germans, russians

Comment

Germans coz I'm one of them

Comment

Looking at their attributes and my style of play, I would probably opt for the Greeks, French or Chinese, who would suit my style of play the best. That Economy and Industry bonus of the French is a great draw for me
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

My favorites are the Germans, Redcoats, and Aztecs. Germans and Redcoats because I'm related to them, and Aztecs because of a facination for Precolumbian America.

Comment

Greeks, Babylonians, Aztecs. All because I'm historically facinated by them.
              My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
              My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

It is difficult to say right now. The civ specific abilities make all the civs really appealing in different ways. I think all the civs are cool.

But if I had to choose, I might say either the Greeks or the Romans. I am fascinated with those two civs historically. Furthermore, I like their abilities. I love scientific civs and the Greeks seem to be the masters of science, being scientific and commercial. The Romans get the Legion plus they are militaristic and industrious which seems like a very powerful combination.
                'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

I'm going to be the Babylonians because of thier special abillities. Im also going to create the Vikings with the civ editor and they will have the following abillities:

Leader: Harald Hardraake (The Fairhair)
                  Unique Unit: longboat atk-2 def-1 speed-4 no risk of loss at sea, replaces Trireme. carries 2 units
                  Attributes: Expansonistic, Religious

Comment

English - Theres something about winning as your own. Especially since we tend to lose in football...

Comment

I'm almost certain it's Haarfager or some variant thereof... At least he's denotated HÃ¥rfager in contemporary Swedish history books. I'd also dispute their Expansinoist/Religious nature (Militaristic/Commerical would be my choice), but never mind.

My favourites are:

Leader - The Russians. I've always held a fascination for Catherine the Great, one of the greatest statesmen in history IMO. Nasty, manipulative, Machiavellian in the worst sense of the world. Will be a delight to play. It's by far the best leader they could have chosen for the russians...

Unit - The Zulus. Shaka is a close second for favourite leader, and the Impi is perhaps my favourite military-historical warrior. Die, Blanckas, die!

Combination of Attributes - The Egyptians. Industrious/Religious are the two that appeal to me the most. Encourages a healthy growth in population, IMO the most vital factor in a game of Civ.
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

My is the American. I will play the first game as American. I will play game 2 though 16 as one of the other Civ. There is not a country that I do not like.

Comment

The Greeks are probably going to be the first civ I try out... why? They fascinate me...
                          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

My version of the Vikings

Leader: Skjold or Margaret (some of us don't want to play the opposite gender, because we are not transvestites )

Unique Unit: longboat as described by Odin

Attributes: Militaristic/ Expansionist

Comment

i like the chinese better.. than the rest, although we dont know what unit they have they, i like the beauty of their country and their politics, and scientific/industrious sounds great. im part iroqois (seneca), and i think religous/expansionist also sounds good..

Comment

Working...
                              X