Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vikings, mongols are out, who are the bad guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vikings, mongols are out, who are the bad guys?

chinese?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

With the way people around here feel about the Americans I would have to say the Americans.

Maybe the Aztecs could be the 'bad guys'. I'm not real sure, though. I know my Civ2 bad guy was the Mongols. Oh how I hate the Mongols in that game. Well, that's for a different time and place.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

The Greeks

What exactly do you mean by "bad guys?" If you are referring to warlike civs clearly they will be the ones with "expansionistic" ability, esp when coupled with "militaristic" ability. So it would be the Zulus that lead the pack of "bad" guys, followed by Iroquois, Americans, Russians, English, and Germans.

In a standard game of course.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        What exactly do you mean by "bad guys?"
        well, it is clear that everyone hated the mongols in civ2.
        that's what i'm asking. how will replace them as the most hated civ?

and no alex14, dont start a poll about it
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

They are all bastards. Even Gandi ties to extort me.
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I'm not big on spamming but I just have to say this. That was hilarious about the Alex14 joke. It's so true about him, but it's ok Alex.

They are all bastards. Even Gandi ties to extort me.
            Yeah, Ghandi's a big loser. So is Catherine the Great, she's such a backstabber. Can she ever be loyal? Sometimes for no reason at all she'll declare war on me while we had an alliance.

My vote still stands as the Aztecs. For whatever that's worth.
            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Hammurabi is the bad guy, innhe?
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Surely, with that dastardly grin of his.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  well, it is clear that everyone hated the mongols in civ2.
                  that's what i'm asking. how will replace them as the most hated civ?

and no alex14, dont start a poll about it
                  greeks, of course....monopolizing trade in olive oil

Comment

No, I think it will be the Russians.

Like the inclusion of the Palace and Hall of Fame, this is one more thing that will revive Civ1 glories.

Comment

Vikings and Mongols out, huh. War4 and I won't know what to do in our MP games.
                      "I think the advantages by the proposal which I have made are obvious and many, as well as of the highest importance."
                      Jonathan Swift

Comment

I'd say that it sort of depends on who is chosen to "lead" each Civ. For example, the Russians could be turned evil just by using Ivan the Terrible for the leader animation. Or by having the Russian "throne room" be replaced by the Russian "chamber of horrors." Probably every Civ had an evil bastard leader, so it would be easy to turn any Civ into the bad guys.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I’ll miss the Mongols, no other civ had as much potential of frightening you as those purple/brown (depending on the instalment) chaps with those rough city names (all those k’s and r’s) whenever they popped out of the darkness of unexplored territory. The Zulus always scared me too but they just miss that extra... maybe it’s their green colour (reminds one of environmentalists) or the city names (Ulundi, such a softy name) but Zulu horsemen never came across as frightening as Mongolian ones.

Besides, when you’re playing on the real world map, you’ll miss the badass terrorising the Eurasian continent, since the Zulus are just too far away.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I still think the most stormtrooperesque unit is that Babylonian Bowman. Plus Hammurabi has a realy nasty scowl.
                            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Karakorum
                              Samarkand
                              Bokhara
                              Nishapur
                              Kashgar
                              Tabriz
                              Aleppo
                              Kabul
                              Ormuz
                              Basra
                              Khanbalyk
                              Khorasan
                              Shangtu
                              Kazan
                              Quinsay
                              Kerman

but my favorite city name goes to the russians... with the magnificent city of Magnitogorsk
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X