No announcement yet.

AU207: Big Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the gauntlet has been thrown down in other threads, it's time for me to prove that Egypt, War Chariots and all, can thrive on a huge map (at least as long as Dominae didn't come up with a map seriously unsuitable for Egypt). I'll be playing on Emperor level, as usual, using the AU Mod.

Comment

I'll play at Emperor, but God alone knows when I'll get the chance to start...Good luck gang.

Comment

Arrgghh... I forgot, I need to get an unzip utility for my computer at home, and I have no disks or CDs here at work. Pisser!

That's means I'll be starting this weekend as well, and I think I'll be playing as Carthage... I'm playing a game as the Spanish on a huge map on my own, and let me tell you: NOT my number one choice for a huge map.

I think I'd prefer to have an EASY game this time around, thank you very much.
        You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

The Great Queen Cleopatra and her chief advisor, Arrianus, have taken the challenge.

Man, there's a lot of cities to build! Yeesh!

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Hopefully I'll be able to finish this game in a reasonable time - but lots of work to do at the moment I think I'll give it a spin with Egypt, but I may change my mind and have my first ever game as France.

Comment

Emperor, AU mod (I'm on 1.21... hope this doesn;t get screwy), and, uh, Carthage, 'cause, uh, well that is...

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Cool. With my new monster PC, I only play large and huge maps. There's no lag whatsoever.
                Lucky you.

Comment

I'll lead the Egyptians, as industrious and religious is a great combination. On huge maps, a fast switch between governments could be even more valuable.

I play PTW1.14, emperor level.

I hope my pc can absorb the huge map.

First game since months (work troubles), curious ...

AJ
                  " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                  - emperor level all time
                  - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

I have a lot to do this weekend, and don't know how much play I'll get in (the spoiler thread seems to have grown mighty quickly!). I may just play a random civ (throw numbers into a hat and draw one for my civ choice from among the 6).

Catt

Comment

pedrojedi and his (Jedi?) powers will be of good service for the glory of Egypt. I'm with 1.21 PTW, which can be odd, but let's hope it goes all ok. It will go as a good Regent game, so far.

Comment

Is the vanilla game 1.29 file with AU rules or regular?
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
                          Is the vanilla game 1.29 file with AU rules or regular?
                          Regular. The AU mod is only supported for Play the World.
                          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Wohoo.. I finally got PTW.

Now, lemmesee... Okay, I'll play with carthago, since industrious is quite useful in huge maps. Heck, it's useful in all maps
                            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Da*n! The spoiler thread is huge and I haven't even started yet. I am going to start today, however.

I randomly drew the Russians, but since I played Catherine for my last AU game, I re-drew and got France (I don't think I've played Joan in an AU game).

So Joan will join the other female leaders (Cleo and Isabella) seemingly getting a lot of play in this class. I'll play PTW, Emperor, standard rules (I want to get a feel for a huge map game under standard conditions).

Catt

Comment

I'm trying the AU mod for the first time (I had wanted it to properly mature). Playing Carthage.

E_T
                                Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                                Worship the Comic here!
                                Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Working...
                                X