Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which gets me thinking: we've got some work to do once Conquests comes out! Maybe you'll join us again for a bit, alexman? Not that anything has been done in your absence.

Dominae
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• Talk about a presence.

Comment

• Awesome. Tremendous. Brilliant.

Let's take this further... does anyone disagree that this is the best mod we know of? Shouldn;t Firaxis highlight / acknowledge that in some way? Shouldn't the release of C3C offer an opportunity to re-invigorate the AU Mod?

Jeff Foley... comment please?
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Missed this thread earlier. Wow! Talk about some great advertising for Apolyton University and Apolyton in general if the AU mod makes it into C3C! If it does...news article NM!!

Oh, and it's definitely the best mod around Theseus. It'll be interesting to revamp the mod for Conquests.

Comment

• i havn't played the mod too often yet, but until now i was frustrated, that half of the exploits don't work anymore (e.g. mathematics & polytheism research monopoly, etc.). i guess these small things don't only make the game a tad more realistic, but make each game about a half a level more difficult...
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Was it sent?

Comment

• Is something wrong with Civ1.29f Mod?

Hi,

I went to download the AU Mod for plain Civ3 (not PtW) and the zip contained bix ver 1.16 instead of the expected bic ver 1.06.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a mistake in the download section?

Comment

• You can find v1.06 in the first post of the original AU mod thread.

However, be forwarned that we stopped developing the mod for vanilla Civ3 as soon as PTW came out, so the latest tweaks are absent from v1.06.

Comment

• alexman I could not find the logs for your run at Gotm21, are they not posted? (sorry for the OT) BTW heck of a job.

Comment

• Moving Mass Transit

I hate the frequency with which global warming appears in the game, so I moved mass transit from Ecology to Motorized transport to see if it would make a difference. Modern mass transit made its debut in the early 1900s when alternating current made electric trains possible, so I felt justified making this move.

I have just finished playing a game with this change and it made a huge difference in the number of squares that suffered from global warming. I'd say it reduced the appearance by a good 2/3's.

I hope that this change will be included in future AU mods.

Comment

• I"d have to say that though that would make the game easier, and hence, less "hardcore," it would be more realistic. But perhaps the cost of mass transit could be increased.

Totally OT: why the hell aren't superhighways in this game? That was one of the great improvements in Civ2, and superhighways are (very unfortunately) found in nearly every major city on planet Earth.
                        You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

• Updating AU Mod for Vanilla Civ

Hi,

I'm working on upgrading the AU mod 1.06 for vanilla Civ, but a couple of changes escape me.

Is there a way to improve elephant movement jungles? The only movement option I see is "treat all terrain as road"

Do bombers,stealth bombers, and cruise missiles have lethal sea bombardment in AU Mod 1.17?

Comment

• Good idea to update the vanilla Civ3 version.

Unfortunately, there is no way to make elephants ignore the movement cost for jungles. This feature was added to the editor in PTW.

Bombers and Stealth bombers do not have lethal sea bombard in the AU mod. Cruise missiles can of course kill naval units, but this ability is given by the "Cruise Missile" flag. No need to set the "Lethal sea bombard" explicitly.

Comment

• Turrosh Mak I don't mean to sound like a grouch here but I think before you update the Vanilla Civ3 AU mod you need to ask around for everyone's opinon on things unless it's just for your use.

Comment

• I don't see any harm in updating the vanilla Civ3 version, as long as it is as close as possible to the latest PTW version of the mod.

Comment

Working...
                                X