Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that was excellent Catt as usual.

Comment

I'm currently playing the AUMOD 1.03 version. Galleys aren't available until Navigation. Was this intentional?
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

It was not intentional and in fact AU mod v1.03 makes no such change to Galleys. Vulture made this change to the bic file for the 106 game and I guess Catt used the rules for AU 106 (instead of the pure AU mod) to make AU 107. By the way, you probably also noticed that in that version you can't build the Lighthouse until integrated defense.

Comment

Version control.

1) I suggest that Catt edit the original post, and get everyone onto AU Mod 1.04 [Edit: alexman being hyperalert, make that 1.05].

2) AU Mod 1.04, including the BIC for AU 107, should be fixed ASAP [Edit: Done, 1.05]. Those of us who started with it the way it is can survive (hmmm, separate from version issues, that's a question mark!).

Irregardless of 'poly mishaps, and as excited as some of get when starting a new group game, we should slow down, and make sure 'all systems are go.'
          Last edited by Theseus; October 6, 2002, 01:54.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Until Catt sees Theseus' post above, I updated the second post with the latest version of the AU mod.

Comment

Yikes! Terrible problems. Sorry for the confusion and problems all!

I did indeed extract "AU Mod 1.03" from AU 106 when I was unable to download a version of the Mod -- but of course forgot completely about the changes to the mod that were made specifically for AU 106.

I have edited the first download post -- my post now only contains AU 107 with standard rules. Alexman's post contains the AU Mod version of AU 107.

For those of you who downloaded the AU Mod from my earlier Zip files, many apologies for the confusion -- I suspect you're in for an even tougher game than the rest of use without the use of galleys until navigation. IF it's early enough in your game, I recommend you begin again with the correct AU Mod version from alexman's post. Once again, sorry for the confusion and hope it doesn't spoil the fun (assuming anyone's having fun with Son of SVC ).

Catt

Comment

Originally posted by Catt

Look for one in the Spoiler's thread - there's not one there yet, but I'll post one sometime in the next 24 hours or so.

Catt
                Would have been better in the hints and tricks thread.

Now I know a lot of the map. Of course, knowledge is half the battle.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Would have been better in the hints and tricks thread.

Now I know a lot of the map. Of course, knowledge is half the battle.

Doh! I misread your request and thought you wanted a shot of the home continent (as appeared in Aeson's SVC thread). Could have given you a quick shot of the start if I had read your request more carefully.

Since you've visited the spoiler thread, you know that the start position itself is not exactly indicative of the available terrain, however.

Catt

Comment

That is very true.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

why dont you all sign my petetion to get the gotms back i want competition here
                      Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
                        I see little use in a petition. Begging, pleading and prodding did not get any response from the person (people) that ran the Apolyton tourney games. The tourney dropped out of sight without any explanation, or any subsequent apologies when the tourney leader returned to active posting.

After five weeks of non-response, I started an "unofficial" game in the spring. Participation level consisted of about seven submitted games per month. Many Civ tourney games have gone the way of the dodo-bird. The one remaining strong one is on Civfanatics, with over 140 submitted games for the last contest.
                        - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
                          Some of us play the AU games precisely because competition is not our uppermost goal. I personally never play "optimally" -- I don't maximize every opportunity nor squeeze every last drop of blood from the Civ 3 stone (not that I know how to do so, but I certainly know how to do a lot more than I regularly do). I have relatively little time for gaming, and prefer to use that gaming time to have fun -- I can't always do that in a "competitive" environment with the attendant rules and proviso's on how to play and how not to play -- I am competitive by nature and will try to play as well as I can when it matters, if it matters -- therefore, if it matters, I sometimes lose sight of the ultimate goal of having fun. Even though I spend time at CFC and really enjoy reading Zachriel's GOTM spoilers and Sulla's spoilers, I don't play CFC GOTM. I'll stick with the more informal, more frequent, and more interesting (thematic!) AU games.

Catt

Comment

ok thankyoui
                            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Working...
                            X