Second Alamo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Alamo Thread

Sorry for the clutter guys....just wanted to make it easy to find the alamo.sav...seems there's been a bit of trouble finding it. Mods, if you'd rather not have two threads cluttering stuff up, please close the old one?

-=Vel=-
    Attached Files
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Last minute instructions and such!

1) There's a leader in one of your cities, currently fortified. Use him on turn one as you see fit!

2) All troops (cept for front line RA's) on your "tier one" fortifications have been ordered to fortify. These may be awakened and rearranged to taste.

3) Roughly half of the troops at the wire (tier two forts) have been ordered to fortify, and these too, may be awakened and arranged to taste.

4) All ground troops in Washington have been ordered to fortify, and these, like the forces at the front, may be arranged to taste.

5) All your f-15's have been placed on air superiority missions, and put on quite a splendid show when you end your turn!

Enjoy!
    -=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Further first move thoughts:

* Change the build orders to your preference.

* Select tech to research (if any).

Get ready for mayhem!!!
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Vel, you forgot the "Good luck, and Godspeed" wish... people will really need it

DeepO

Comment

D'oh! I did, didn't I? Good luck and Godspeed!

-=Vel=-

Comment

Also, you will need to wake the 8 squadrons on your three carriers, 'L'oad them, wake them again and set them for air superiority.

Comment

Is this thread supposed to be for spoilers, too?

Comment

dawidge, there is a "Alamo: AAR, spoilers and strats" thread some 10 threads below this one...

DeepO

Comment

Correction: it is called "Alamo AAR and comment/spoiler thread", and is more like some 15 threads below this one

DeepO

Comment

Vel, I have yet to congratulate you on the modding you did to the ADMs of our navy, they are quite well balanced. Now, you really have a choice of building two destroyers vs building one battleship, and the Aegis make more sense too. But, maybe it would be an idea to list all changes here, so people now what to expect...

DeepO

Comment

Korn469 has a scenario that you guy's might like to try out. It gives you ancient era units against industrial era units. You have about 3 times the number of units as your opponents (the English). It's not as good as Alamo, though I think it has some potential, but it needs suggestions.

Comment

Thanks Deep-O! The only thing I forgot to do was that I wanted to give AEGIS cruisers lethal bombard ability (you might have noticed that Cruise Missiles are now blessed with that ability). Thought that'd make the AEGIS cruiser a more attractive Capitol ship.

Ah...I also meant to boost the defense of the Carrier.... forgot that!

-=Vel=-

Comment

Bam...will do! That sounds like a good challenge!

-=Vel=-

Comment

Lethal bombardment on the Aegis would have been cool, I noticed it on the missiles, yes... damn you! So far, it has been much harder to keep the first tier forts, because I lost some of my units to those cruise missiles. My AIs are actually building more of them, so that's a good thing.

About the defense of the carriers: I don't know. As it is now, the carriers are among the last ships that will come to the front for defense, which means that they are relatively unharmed until it really is too late. The destroyers and others that protect them take the first hits... It has been the saving for my Western carrier (forgot the name, not the Enterprise, and not Aeson, the other one) for 2 times already, when all the protecting ships were either sunk, or shot to 1HP. It is ironic that having a lower defense protects you more then having a higher defense...

DeepO

Comment

Hmmm...that's a good point....hadn't looked at it from that angle, but you're right. Anybody who leaves a CV exposed and alone prolly deserves to lose it, and in the meantime, it enjoys the benefits of being last in line, defensively....coolio....

I get the occassional missile lobbed at me too, evidence that the AI's are still building them at least now and again. Pretty punishing game, all in all...LOL...addicting, but punishing.

-=Vel=-

EDIT: Let's see how good Vel's memory is this morning....Western Carrier - Monsoon?

-V.

Comment

Working...
                              X