No announcement yet.

A Mini-Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just downloaded it, and will give it a go! I've not played the Germans yet, so this should be a GREAT game! WhoooHooooo!

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I'm up to 880 AD in my game, with plenty of stories to tell. The question is, do I post them here, start a spoilers thread myself, or wait for someone else to start one?

It's been a rather unusual game for me so far, but an interesting and successful one. "When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade," as the saying goes.

Nathan

Comment

I am in 1455 AD. I just discovered Panzers and I am winning now. Three technologies ahead, strongest in everything etc. I also have some stories to tell. Something I can say now is that I didn't change my peaceful strategy. First real war against the French with cavalries and rifflemen/infantry. Early war isn't necessary even on Emperor. And yes I builded many early temples, libraries, marketplaces etc.

My theory is that war cripples the enemy but you as well. If you lose two horsemen is like losing a temple. And then you appear weaker on the military screen. I build military units, of course, but just for protection. The reason I attacked the French was because they grew far too strong. I could as well lose the game if I waited till Panzers.

The important thing IMHO is to be able to reasearch a tech first. Then you sell it for a great deal. To do that you must have infrastructure. That's why I build libraries, marketplaces etc early. An indication that proves what I am saying is that the French who had a huge empire in my game were not the first in technology.

-Ah, btw I made several mistakes, but I' ll post about that on the other thread.

Comment

Didn't have much opportunity to play it out yet, but hopefully this evening will put me into the guts of it. Ran through my expansionistic phase though, and am QUITE happy with the setup! Shaping up to be an awesome game!

-=Vel=-
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Heh, guess I shoulda checked in over the weekend, huh?

I will download and start playing probably on Tuesday, since I can't really tonight (softball game after work).

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It's HARD!!
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I agree, it WAS hard

Look boys, since I am almost finished and can't wait to post about it I' ll make a new thread - A mini tourney- Spoilers- So, those of you who haven't started or are still playing don't read it.

-

Comment

Oh yes, it's hard. I don't have the game in the pocket. Not yet. It's around 1000AD for me. I don't know whether I can play tonight, but I hope.

Comment

Working...
                  X