Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with AU?

What to do with AU?
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

start the C4 threads so we can start the ideas of the mods we want to do, and hopefully get some input so they will be played

waiting for the relgious thread
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I guess when Civ IV comes out, I'll get Markos/Dan to set up an AU sub-forum in the Civ IV section.

Comment

I would suggest that we go ahead and get the Civ 4 AU area set up now rather than waiting for the game to come out. We might even consider trying to define broad parameters in advance so we can get the first Civ 4 AU game going within days of when the game comes out.

By the way, regarding course numbers, we've been using 0 as the second digit in our course numbers. How about if, for Civ 4, we use 4 as the second digit, so the first Civ 4 AU game would be AU 141?

Comment

Starting within days would be great for the beta testers, I wonder about the ones that will be lucky to get the game in their hands the first week (even those with preorders).

Comment

I agree that starting the AU up before the game is released would be a good idea, but we run into a little problem. There are multiple decisions/proposals that need to be discussed and decided before we release the AU, and we're going nowhere in the related threads in the Civ IV forum. I propose this. We set a date and time to discuss all of these things in Civ IRC, and make our own seperate channel. Everyone who shows up, get's to vote, and it works like a democracy. We need to do this soon, perferably in the next week. Is everyone fine with that?

Comment

Hmmm... I was just thinking that with the addition of being able to add lines and names to places in Civ IV will be great for the AU.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                I agree that starting the AU up before the game is released would be a good idea, but we run into a little problem. There are multiple decisions/proposals that need to be discussed and decided before we release the AU, and we're going nowhere in the related threads in the Civ IV forum. I propose this. We set a date and time to discuss all of these things in Civ IRC, and make our own seperate channel. Everyone who shows up, get's to vote, and it works like a democracy. We need to do this soon, perferably in the next week. Is everyone fine with that?
                I'm serious folks. If you let me make all the decisions, I'm sure you're not going to like the mandatory daily Jewish prayers.

Comment

As Nathan said, set up the CIV AU forum and discussion will "happen".

CIV General is not a good place because people are too busy salivating over tidbits of leaked info or complaining about the way it should be. Civ3 AU forum is not so great either because it's not visible enough.

I doubt a chat will attract that many even if people are interested, and I'm doubtful much would be accomplished during it anyway.

Or, let me turn it around: are there specific questions you want addressed in this chat?
                  And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
                    As Nathan said, set up the CIV AU forum and discussion will "happen".
                    I concur... it might be useful to start with a topped thread titled something like "CIV AU Structure", and let the spice flow.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Personally I am looking forward to get involved pretty early in the Civ IV AU, rather than a year or more after the game came out like I did in Civ 3.

So please go ahead and set up the forum. Obviously it will be sometime before we know enough about Civ IV AI to prepare mods to improve it but I'd like people to start thinking about it early.

Comment

Originally posted by Strollen
                        Personally I am looking forward to get involved pretty early in the Civ IV AU, rather than a year or more after the game came out like I did in Civ 3.

So please go ahead and set up the forum. Obviously it will be sometime before we know enough about Civ IV AI to prepare mods to improve it but I'd like people to start thinking about it early.

I'll be starting a new thread shortly.

Comment

Now that they started creating new Civ 4 forums, isn't it time to get one for AU?
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                          X