No announcement yet.

AU 602: Team Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or, if I was feeling more lazy (as if ) I could just make up all the passwords myself and email them to the relevant players. Not as secure that way though...

Comment

• quicker, though...

go ahead, I want to play...I'm just bored diong physics right now...
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Bored of physics? What kind of fruit loop are you. (And no, I'm not being sarcastic - I was just looking for ideas for passwords, and was browsing along my bookshelf of title such as "Quantum Field Theory", "Feynman's operational calculus" and "Gravitation and Cosmology" (and Goethe's "Poetische Werke", but that's another story).

Comment

• After you launch the game, enter the admin password and exit out of the first player's turn; the autosave will record the admin password, but not the first person's. Just rename and send the auto save to the first person.

Skipping the first turn while entering passwords for the players is more secure, though.
          Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• I prefer knowing how to make explosives (actually, makiing TNT is suprisingly easy, all you need is conc. H2SO4, conc. HNO3 and Toluene, which you can get by either stealing from the chemistry department, or various ways via reactions. Highest temperature required is only 423 Kelvin)
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• vulture, did Rommel's answer suffice?
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Vulture, would you mind sending the admin password to me after you've made it? Thanks.

Comment

• Oh, and in the meantime, everybody should:

1) PM your email address to the player before you, and

2) If in an LA game, share your planned password with your partner.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• No player called morgemil have posted anything in this thread - I can´t even find the name when searching for users.
                    Are u sure that all these guys listed will play?
                    U can´t be sure - can there be anything done to check?

Comment

• Try with "Mormegil"

Comment

• thread post will be here at AU?

GAME names, make it easy and use
                        LA1
                        LA2 etc...
                        FFA

????
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Could someone inform for this newbie whats going on with this game. When are we starting and what do I need to do. Also I would like to know excact settings for this game. Looks like it will be premade map so cutting down some MP parts of this game.
                          Admin - Civ3players - www.myleague.com/civ3players
                          Director of Nation's cup - http://civ3players.proboards2.com/index.cgi?board=NATION
                          World of Warcraft - Azjol Nerub realm

Comment

• Read the first page.

Comment

• 1. 'Locked' alliances: Each game shall have 3 teams of 2 players each. Players are to select their teammates and which of the three culture pairs that are offered (i.e., Europe, Asia, and the Middle East). While not actually 'locked' in-game, the team mates are expected to stay allied throughout. Further, teams have the choice of playing as PBEM with a 'locked' alliance, succession, or mini-DG; this should be disclosed in their first DAR. Victory is achieved when a team's combined land and population reach 75%, or via any of the other default victory conditions.

* Team behavior: Team members may communicate anything and everything to each other, maps, screenshots, science, whatever. Non-team members may not communicate except what's available in game -- you may communicate anything that would be technically communicable in game, so once map trading is available you can give specific directions; once mil. alliance is available you may make a military alliance; once communication is open, you may discuss scientific advances. Communication with one team member is communication with both. [NOTE: Thanks to snoopy, who I quoted from "Team PBEM" for the above.] It is suggested that team members share passwords so that they can cover each other when playing turns.

* Mandatory During-Action-Reports ("DARs"): This is where you'll post your exploits and strategy comments for all to see, and read those of others. However, keep in mind that these are spoiler threads, so try to finish playing each block before reading the corresponding thread. Each team or FFA player shall create their own thread, in the following format: 'AU602: Theseus / Vel's Euro DARs' or 'AU602: Sir Ralph's Asian DARs'. Level of disclosure TBD as we go along... check with the Administrator if in doubt; do, however, include each player's score at the time of the DAR. Team DARs should be joint reports by the partners. Players should not read opposing team's DARs. Reporting dates are:
                              - 2750bc: 25 turns, switching to 40 years/turn
                              - 1750bc: 25 turns, switching to 25 years/turn
                              - 1250bc: 20 turns
                              - 750bc: 20 turns, switching to 20 years/turn
                              - 250bc: 25 turns
                              - 250ad: 25 turns, switching to 10 years/turn
                              - 500ad: 25 turns
                              - 750ad: 25 turns
                              - 1000ad: 25 turns
                              - 1250ad: 25 turns, switching to 5 years/turn
                              - 1350ad: 20 turns
                              - 1450ad: 20 turns
                              - 1550ad: 20 turns
                              - 1650ad: 20 turns
                              - 1750ad: 20 turns, switching to 2 years/turn

[EDIT: Let me make this SUPER-clear: Players should NOTNOTNOT look at DARs from any but their matching civs/teams in other games, and not at any point DARs that are further along than their own game.]

I don't agree wth the bottom edit. What if Dominae explores in one direction, and I explore in another? I could look in Dominaes DAR, and gain a hell of a lot of additional info that otherwise would not have. I think this is a better way of writing it:

[EDIT: Let me make this SUPER-clear: Players should NOTNOTNOT look at any DARs until the completion of their PBEM (ie the PBEM is finished or that player is knocked out)]

This stops any player from gaining access to extra strats, tactics or info from the DARs. All IMHO, of course...
                              Last edited by Krill; April 7, 2005, 11:37.

Comment

• Yup all those things are very clear but still they didn't answer to my questions...

Which settings are we using?
                                Do we got some changes for standard rule set?
                                What I need to do prior receiving first save?
                                Admin - Civ3players - www.myleague.com/civ3players
                                Director of Nation's cup - http://civ3players.proboards2.com/index.cgi?board=NATION
                                World of Warcraft - Azjol Nerub realm

Comment

Working...
                                X