290 BC - the Aztecs become extinct.
    Attached Files
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Jon's Zululand, 290 BC.
      Attached Files

Comment

Jon's Top 5, and Demographics, 290 BC. Looking pretty good.
        Attached Files

Comment

Last but not least, Jon's victory Status.
          Attached Files

Comment

A big thanks to Modo44.

Hum, I thought I included a screen shot of wipe out of Monogolains as well. Guess not.

That 550 BC map though is the same turn as capturing Mongol Folly which was their only city. (Second Mongol war; 570 - 550 BC)
            Last edited by joncnunn; February 12, 2005, 16:06.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

AU 506 – DAR3: Five AI Civs remaining

AU Mod, Emperor

Ummmm…. This took quite a bit of time. I didn’t think that the course parameters required immediate and bloody exterminations!

Completed the Colossus in 825BC… I always go for it if I can, and as usual, snagged it.

I didn’t actually put on my warface until 690BC, when, having ordered a bunch of smelly French warriors outta my territory (“I fart in your general direction!” ), Joanie made the biiiig mistake of declaring on me. Bee-yatch. With 10 Horsies and Impis, a whole lotta gold in the bank, and Monarchy only 5 turns away, I welcomed the diversion! The Frenchies didn’t seem to have horses connected yet… faced with Swords and Warriors, I decided to do some MGL-hunting… SUCCESS!!

So, not quite the truly Early Warfare lesson contemplated, but I’ll take an FP in the Horsemen-era.

(And to stifle any question: NO WAY am I gonna make a Horsie Army in the AU Mod. )
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Theseus; February 17, 2005, 17:45.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

BAD BAD JOANIE!!!!

Attached Files
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

BAD BAD MONTIE!!!!

Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm… spices. And crushed cities. And my GA!
                    Attached Files

Comment

In 110BC, I am finally finally finally finally ready to attack the Mongols. Stage One: attacks on Almarikh (underneath, the ivory) and Kazan (to be razed). Stage Two: Forces from Swazi take both of Ulanbaatar and Darhan. 25 Horsies and 4 Impis involved.

As the Mongols had built the GLib in Karakorum, I’ve got research at 0%… not something I typically do, but I wanted to save up gold for Knight upgrades.

Notice, btw, the two slaves between Tugela and Ngome: I had had all these damn Settler teams floating through, and finally :dumb: realized I could just choke’em off by denying physical passage.

The patchwork nature of the west started the hatching of an evil plan…

A Horseman-generated MGL is turned into an Army, which is saved for the advent of Knights.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The reconstituted Central Zimbabwe Kingdom in 130AD. Hmmm, interesting… the patchwork in the west continues.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Completed SoZ in Zimbabwe in 380AD… not all that useful, but I didn’t want the AI civs to have it. ACs are effective MPs and choke-holders.

Maya attacked from the north, so I expanded up there quite nicely.

Babylon next, for dyes and perhaps a GW or two… can we say LEONARDO??!! All together now. Babylon itself also had the Mausolleum, which is sorta neat in a captured city. A Horseman-generated MGL is used to build the Heroic Epic, and the elite* upgraded to a Knight.
                          Attached Files

Comment

In 450AD, China attached the new Mayan possessions just as I was finishing my objectives in Babylon… quite a problem really, as I was under-protected in the north (RIDERS!! ), and my primary forces were far away.

I was able to scramble a defense, though, barely… Knights and a Knight Army sent post-haste, and vet Horseman stopping at a Barracks city somewhere along the way for upgrade.

Of course, I had pretty much pissed off all of the AI civs at this point, so I had to garrison pretty effectively all along my border, taking a large number of Knights out of action in terms of an offense for the north… there’s an interesting point, not so much about Early Warfare but specific to Impis: I valued their mobility significantly enough not to really bother with upgrading them to Pikes, and even barely a few Musket for really key positions… I didn’t upgrade most of them until Rifles. Between, Impis, Ancient Cavs, Knights and Cavs on defense I was just fine, and that just for pre-emptive and 3-move AI attacks, as otherwise I believe in ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

I didn’t take any of cities off of the Chinese in this war, as I was not really ready for that geographic expansion… I did, however, generate two more MGLs, giving me now three Knight Armies. I absolutely love the extra movement point in C3C, btw: Thusly, Knight Armies will keep up with Cavs later on.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Back to France: Although horses were connected, I was seeing primarily Templars (a lot!), MedInfs, and Swords, so I again played a waiting game and went MGL-hunting with my elite Horses. Pop, Pop, MGLs!! Up to five Knight Armies! I was still having trouble staying at tech parity AND doing my upgrades (had about 20 each of Horsemen and Knights by now), even at half-price, so I didn’t mind taking my time.

Due to a good pre-build, I was able to build Smith’s in Bapedi.

When Frenchie Light Cavs started showing up, I razed one city, planted two of my own, and called it a day. Joanie consistently had boatloads of gold throughout the game, so the extortion was mighty fine.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm… the Mayans are up to *something*. I think they had been planning to go after China, or even India, having traversed just across the north of me, but when they came south onto flatland, I took the opportunity to demand they leave, and WAR it is!

Their initial forces consisted of 8 MedInfs, 8 Longbows, and a Warrior.

/me giggles.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Theseus; February 17, 2005, 17:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X