No announcement yet.

AU 505 The Power of Fascism - After Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about if we move the government discussion to the Balancing the Governments thread? I just bumped that thread by responding to Dominae's latest post there.

Comment

And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Something funny that i noticed while playing this game with the AU version : Even i built the Shakespeares Theater which acts as hospital - i was still able to build a hospital
        I ofcourse did not build one, but was just curious, if theres some meaning to this, or if its just another C3C bug ?

Other notes: Great game, very challenging when youre not allowed to attack in early game.

IMO Facist government basically is still unuseful, even with the SPHQ. Cash rushing is just too powerful compared to pop rushing - i had tens of thousands of cash lying around soon after turning facist, and nothing to do with them.

I think the idea of combining Facist/Communist techs could be something, or then massive increase to War Weariness under Rep/Dem govts, its just too easy to wage war under those now.

/edit: sorry about the government discussion, didnt read till the end before posting

Comment

The Hospital / Shakesphere's Bug was introduced in Conquests 1.0 and was never fixed.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
            The Hospital / Shakesphere's Bug was introduced in Conquests 1.0 and was never fixed.
            OK, Thanks Just never noticed that one before, so rare to build that one usually Maybe AU Mod should/could fix this

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror
              Something funny that i noticed while playing this game with the AU version : Even i built the Shakespeares Theater which acts as hospital - i was still able to build a hospital
              You need 5 Hospitals to be able to build the Battlefield Medicine. I guess that's why Shakespeare's Theatre doesn't stop a city from building a Hospital. It's not a bug.
              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Except building Battlefield Medicine doesn't remove Hospital from the list of improvements for the city in which Shakesphere was built.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Did no one finish this game?

Comment

I did... I am being DAR/AAR-challenged, as usual.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                      I had my hard drive crash a couple of weeks ago (for the second time in two years!). I'm guessing all my saves, screenshots and log are lost. I was about 20 turns before the end of my game...maybe it's a good thing, those last turns would have taken many hours to play out.

Comment

Wimp... I DEMAND that you finish, Dominae!!

(Do so, and Ill do my AARs )
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I don't really view the Shakespeare's/Hospital situation as a bug. Yes, the build queue would be slightly easier to work with if building Shakespeare's eliminated hospitals from the list of choices (and, similarly, if building Hoover's eliminated coal and solar plants from the list of build choices since they are redundant with the free hydro plants). But I view such matters as a feature that the developers could have chosen to implement but didn't, not as an actual bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                            Wimp... I DEMAND that you finish, Dominae!!

(Do so, and Ill do my AARs )
                            Could you guys do it separately? Some people would like to read about the fireworks you unleashed. You know, like, it this decade.
                            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                              Still going, still taking notes for DARs....

Christmas took me away from home, and I left the game trying to work out how to avoid losing 200 sheilds to a mis-timed prebuild.

Comment

I really wish I could do my report, but I honestly lost (almost) everything with my hard drive, including save games! I do have a one save that I sent myself by email over the holidays, but it's about an era too old. Theseus is succeeding in making me feel guilty, however, so I might just dig it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X