No announcement yet.

Training Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you'd like, that would be fine. I generally maintain that if one is playing at their appropriate skill level they won't be turning the game around until the IA. I actually sort of thought this might happen before I even started this thread, but I couldn't think of good way to try to convince Warlord players to do a Monarch game or Regent players to do Emperor Anyway, since you're the only student ATM, it's entirely up to you.
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

• Originally posted by punkbass2000
      one is playing at their appropriate skill level they won't be turning the game around until the IA.
      I usually seem to be able to hang with monarch AI in tech race and can get the wonders I want, especially key MA/IA ones (sistine/jsbach, newton/copernicus, Hoover/ToE). So if you think this current game is about to become boring, and you want to continue this AU type training module, I vote to start a new game. If you want additional players, maybe it can again be advertised as a succession training game, though possibly more of the senior/regular posters here will be interested to get involved at a higher difficulty level.

Anyway, here is the current save.
      Attached Files

Comment

• If you are going to do an Emperor level game and you are accepting new students, I'll be glad to join the training.
        My level is between Regent and Monarch (I dominate on Regent, I win on Monarch only with a good start) and I have never tried an Emperor game...

Comment

• Well, sounds like a new game is in order. I only have a bit of time right now and can't start it till after work, which will be 10PM EST at the earliest (nearly 12 hours from now, for anyone having trouble doing time conversions). I'll get the game and thread started then.
          "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

• Oops, didn't have time/forgot to do it last night. Here's the next course.

Comment

• Just a last note on this game (sorry was away for while).

Originally posted by punkbass2000
              Generally speaking, I wouldn't attack a spearman with a warrior unless the situation is dire, especially an elite warrior. They aren't necessarily easy to come by! Glad it netted us a MGL, though
              I thought before doing this attack the odds were about 1:1 considering we had elite vs. his regular, despite his 2:1 defense to our attack. I also thought we were at war and this could at worst might help our bargaining position and at best would knock out this arab city and give us room to expand. We can always easily replace a 10 shield worker and flood arabia with our soldiers. Having just checked combat calc in the odds are about 3:2 instead of 1:1. Maybe not the best move in every game, but of course very situation specific and it did work out well in this game (and generation of MGL should not factor into the cost-benefit since relatively rare occurrence).

Comment

Working...
              X