Au 504 -- Russ Wandering Off By Himself DAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Au 504 -- Russ Wandering Off By Himself DAR

I'll move this too when the right thread goes up.

We have played through Navigation, now on banking.

Gandhi went pure builder after his successful Chinese incursion. We have all the wonders after Hanging Gardens and hope for a clean middle ages sweep.

The game just opened up and we've met everyone. We're number one in culture, but not far enough ahead of the pesky Iroquois, who likely killed the Spanish a millenium or so ago.

Here is the really wierd thing:

No one has researched engineering or chivalry, although the top parts of the middle ages tech chart are nearly completed!

We are waiting around for chivalry to be done. Then we will trade, make some elephants out of horses, neat trick, and bop a chinese or two for our GA.
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

A little while later we have this military situation.
    Attached Files

Comment

No one else has gunpowder yet.

We didn't get Knights Templar. In fact, we never got chiv. Magellan's triggered our golden age a couple of turns ago.

Too bad, too. We were turning 4 turn techs before the GA. Now we are running surpluses in the multiple hundereds of gpt.

The point I'm making is that this is a hard game to win. Check out this minimal culture lead we've got. And we literally have built all the cultural buildings possible.
      Attached Files

Comment

I presume the lead is in the process of widening considerably. But it's going to be a long time before it doubles.

Except for the Knight's Templar, we might get all the middle ages wonders. Cascades happen, I suppose.

We have to take out Persia and China with the cavs and probably we have to go after the Iroquois, regardless of Nathan's correct judgement that it is more impressive to win while leaving your top rival alone.

Builder games rip along. Quite fun.

Comment

What year(s) are those screenshots from, jshelr?
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

It was in the vicinity of approimately just about 1200 AD, more or less when I took the pics.

Comment

We managed our wars in Democracy. Good old Hi of the Iroquois was not so "subtle."

Pretty soon colors started to disappear from our neighboring land mass.

This....
              Attached Files

Comment

......soon became this
                Attached Files

Comment

The pure builder "culture win" ain't gonna happen. There is another route, however.
                  Attached Files

Comment

In 3 turns we will have all the tech, ex nationalism but including sanitation, up to atomic theory and replaceable parts. Corps will be next.

All the wonders are finishing except Hoovers, which is in prebuild.

So, we will visit with advanced military tech and win culturally that way. No problem, but not the A+ mark we were hoping for.

To Go Back to the Official Thread

Last edited by jshelr; September 21, 2004, 18:06.

Comment

Could you tell us some dates and cultural scores during that time?
                      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

And remind me again why you're not using the official DAR threads!?
                        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

I claim they were not there. So, I stored stuff here. Would rather have just done it once.

Comment

When Russ started this hread, the otherDAR threads were not opened. However, Russ, you should not have openned another thread without adding in the main cut off dates, special conditions etc. (And, yes, this a little bit hypocritical, but at least I looked at the past DARs to find where the cut offs were and what the conditions were.)

Somebody call Ming...I'm going to bed now, I want some sleep before my exam...
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

It's no big deal, I just want to avoid players thinking that this is a "start your own personal DAR" thread course. That would be chaos.

SO, I'm getting off your case Russ (if ever you felt like I was on it).
                              And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Working...
                              X