Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU Game -- Second DAR after 2150 BC

Emperor level Au Mod

I'm in a cranky mood after the upstart Europeans crushed the Americans in the Ryder Cup.

Even so, who can complain about this start?

The peaceful Gandhi was born in the middle of a natural worker/settler pump. And, as the picture shows, it's been pumping quite nicely since our granary was built.

Our middle position could be a disaster if our often- warlike nearby rivals gang up. But, no sign of that yet and, due to being in the middle, we were able to broker some early techs to get an immediate tech lead.

Ivory Iron

Even in the expensive, toned-down version offered by the AU Mod the SoZ is powerful. Our beautiful, tree-lined, lake-side second-city location, complete with lots of bonus shields looks so good that we even started with a temple rather than a directly focused prebuild.

So, we will build a military, adding a temple now and then, and break stuff. Probably china.

Sure looks like fun. The challenge may well be in the "speed to finish" aspect of the game.

Put picture in the next post.

Later on, when we had our 9 cities, temples and most libraries, we started on units and researched toward Monarchy.

Snagged Hanging Gardens and bribed Xerxes into helping with an attack on China.

China, unfortunately, then built the Great Wall.

Next bad event: Spain is destroyed.

Whoever did that will be a cultural powerhouse.

The war went on forever, despite a steady and very impressive flow of immortals.

We got a leader and decided to play with the new army rather than build an FP. The army let us build heroic epic -- for the culture, of course.

We finally finished the seige of China, walking away with the Pyramids and the Great Wall, having had to raze the MoM.

China was hard to bully and we had to pay to get out of the ancient era. We are now behind Persia in tech. But we were able to build cities in our "backyard" pennisula and so we're pretty big.

Time for some markets and aqueducts before moving on to the big happiness builds. I think I'll research along the peaceful line and see what happens. Having fun.
    Last edited by jshelr; September 20, 2004, 11:59.
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

moved to this later thread. Here's the pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

Um, before opening a DAR thread, it would be good to know what the cutoff date/event is. It would also be good to include the course number in the name of the thread ("AU Game" will be confusing in a few months).

I suggest we close this thread and start another for DAR2. This means you might have to move your stuff again, Russ (or you could just link to here). Sorry!
      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

no problem. if it's there, i'm happy to use it

Comment

Excellent!
          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Working...
          X