Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AU601: Rhoth's Roman DAR II (playing against Beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabrewolf
    what a pity! now you won't get to play out the fun part :muahahahaaa:
    Building up to this was the fun part for me. It would have been nice to play it out a bit more, but the ending was a foregone conclusion with the sheer amount of units I have and his wide open core. Despite him being first in land area and number of cities, I was still outproducing him. With half his core gone and soon all of his resources the best units he'd be able to produce are hoplites and longbows.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
      well done! a multi-front war. poor beta

i see him cavalry only has 2 units loaded in it. i recommend you attack it no matter what... even if you loose 3 or 4 cavalry in the process. because 2 cav armies have the same stats as normal cavs (except more HP), but 3 cavalry get an additional defensive point.

also, it looks like herakleia isn't defended well. with a regular(?) medinf on top, it's likely that he has removed all other units.

i think you can be positive about the game. if he would have had enough countermeasures for you, you would have felt it by now. but it looks as if his forces are mostly defencive. i predict a victory within 15-20 turns
      Heh, missed this earlier.

Regarding attacking the cavalry army I only had two cavalry up there. I had never intended to try to take cities with that batch of units (just resources) so it was mostly defensive. After discovering Beta's warrior-wall I had to change tactics a bit. I ended up losing a cavalry while trying to take Argos, and then another later on after retreating into German territory to heal. Beta had enough units to keep Argos so I decided to turn to getting my muskets in position to protect my ancient cavalry that ended up landing over in Babylonian territory after failing to be able to land in the midst of his jungle cities. You can't see it from the screenshot, but I have a bunch of ancient cavs on the mountain one tile north of Herakleia with the intention of trying to take the city and move farther into his core lands.

Comment

Working...
      X