AU 601: Trash Talk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nbarclay

Yes. You need to say, "We surrender." It's not what you Greeks are founders of that counts, but rather how well you use it and how well you can defend it.

In any case, your claim is a bit exaggerated. Consider Rome's aqueducts and colosseums, and the fact that it was under Roman, not Greek rule that monotheistic religous belief became widespread.

And then there's the little fact that in our game, it was Rome, not Greece, that poneered the development of philosophy and a code of laws.
    Typical reteric from the Romans!

You take other's inventions, art, and culture and pawn them off as your own. Then you massacre them and rewrite the history books so that no one will ever remember them.

Aqueducts are a Greek invention, not Roman. Colosseums were a Etruscan idea. The Roman code of laws were written by an Etruscan king. And Thales was the father of Philosophy not Hadrian. Also the founder of that monotheistic religion that you fail to name was murdered by Roman hands!
    * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
    * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
    * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
    * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Bomber

Typical reteric from the Romans!
      Maybe, but at least we Romans can spell...... I guess that's why we say "It's all Greek to me"!

Originally posted by nbarclay
      ...and the fact that it was under Roman, not Greek rule that monotheistic religous belief became widespread.
      On the other hand....and I don't want to look like a traitor to my fellow Romans.....but Nathan, the fact that monotheistic religious beliefs have become widespread does not necessarily mean they represent the truth! Not to mention the fact that Constantine's motives in becoming a Christian were dubious at best

On the other hand......game scores to date show that Rome was clearly a superior civ to Greece! Perhaps we should submit this AU course as historical evidence to the relevant universities!!!!
      Last edited by Aqualung71; August 3, 2004, 20:00.
      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Beta and I haven't started our game yet, but as the Romans, this is how I think the game will turn out.
        Attached Files

Comment

I think this will be the ultimate condiment of choice:
          Attached Files
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Because this is what will happen to Rome:

(either they will do it to themselves, as was historically the case, or we will do it to them)
            Attached Files
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

But one thing you can certain of......

Comment

We are coming for you....
                Attached Files

Comment

For removing ugly Greece spots:
                  Attached Files

Comment

LOL - gotta love the trash talk. Gonna be doing a little of my own soon.
                    "Got the rock from Detroit, soul from Motown"
                    - Kid Rock "American Badass"

Comment

don't they look good when they die?
                      Attached Files
                      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
                      X