This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aw shït... big big big crap!

sorry, i posted these screenshots by a mistake in this thread!

i hope no roman player in the early game saw it, and if so: FORGET WHAT YOU SAW

it's really embarrassing
    sorry guys!

alex: andy has never given up. in the last 2 1on1s he let me capture his very last city. andy is a tough guy, ya know?
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
      i hope no roman player in the early game saw it, and if so: FORGET WHAT YOU SAW
      I deliberately didn't look when I realized what it was. So Beta's Greek lands are safe still...at least until I'm ready to take them from him.

Comment

• The actual shooting war with the Greeks ended up taking a total of six turns in spite of my best efforts in my Greek persona to make Rome's job difficult. (I even went so far as to sell city improvements right and left in order to get gold to rush some extra units; how's that for desperation tactics?) The first Roman cavalry strike came in AD 880, and in AD 930, the last Greek cities fell.

Thanks, Theseus, for an interesting game, and thanks for letting me play out the rest of the fight.

Nathan
        Last edited by nbarclay; August 17, 2004, 20:48.

Comment

• Our game has ended as well. Lots of fun, up to the end where I should have lost.

Comment

• As some games are ending now, I'd like to throw out an idea for the next course:
            How about an Iron Civer-esque, 4 player/No AI Tiny (or possibly small 80% water) map. There was a good enough turnout for the current course, I feel, that such a course would be possible. Any comments?
            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

• Interesting.....but how about 5 players? I think that would add an extra dimension to the diplomacy, if it isn't too slow. Tiny map too
              So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
              Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

• 5 players makes it less likely X against 1, but i'm not sure it makes it ultimately more balanced ... but who knows?

How about not a pangea? I get tired of Pangeas ...

CONTINENTS!!
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• i just can't to get diplomacy right and mostly end up being on the "recieving" end of an alliance. so i guess i'll pass on anything >2 human players with flexible diplomacy (fixed alliances/war would be ok again )

but as apolyton university is about perfecting your CIV playing skills and not your linguistic and convincing skills, i'm not sure that this kind of MP is right over here. maybe it should be in the regular PBEM forum

how about a completely symmetrical game? 1 against 1 plus some AI.
                  both have exactly the same starting location, same traits, same UU, same neighbors, no luck-influencing things like goody huts... that would definetly require civ playing skills and AI manipulation abilities...

PS: well done, alex!

Comment

• i've started my DAR2

alex, can you post the final scores?

Comment

• 1143 (1) to 673 (5) at 660 AD.

Comment

• Originally posted by nbarclay
                        The actual shooting war with the Greeks ended up taking a total of six turns in spite of my best efforts in my Greek persona to make Rome's job difficult. (I even went so far as to sell city improvements right and left in order to get gold to rush some extra units; how's that for desperation tactics?) The first Roman cavalry strike came in AD 880, and in AD 930, the last Greek cities fell.

Thanks, Theseus, for an interesting game, and thanks for letting me play out the rest of the fight.

Nathan
                        I'd like to thank Nathan as well for a very very fun game... it was really my first PBEM start to finish. The set-up was great, Nathan was a true pleasure from a game mechanics and playing perspective, and he just KICKED MY *SS!!!!

Great course, I think!
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Beta and I have hit 750bc now. He's Greece, I'm Rome.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• You suck. We're still at 1100bc... we're not getting any fast turns in for a while i'm guessing because I am working a Monday-Friday schedule now (Probably the only retail employee on the planet with said schedule ... but what can I say, i'm taking one for the team ... )
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I finished playing the rest of the game, winning by domination in AD 1730. I could have won a space race victory considerably sooner, but I wanted to see if I could win by domination without ever attacking a single AI city. Aside from my conquest of Greece, my domination victory is entirely a reflection of diplomatic warfare in which I arranged for the AIs to fight each other and cultural warfare, settling cities in the gaps created by AI-AI wars and flipping a few AI cities in the process.

Here are the final scores (reflecting my victory bonus):
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Update

Paddy and I are up to 380AD
                                So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                                Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Working...
                                X