Comment

• thanks for all your scores!

1st post updated!
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Well, we hit 1275 bc ^^
        Attached Files
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Beta and I have hit 1250bc now. I'm Rome, he's Greece.
          Attached Files

Comment

• 250AD:
            Attached Files
            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

• 1st post updated:
              - last reported scores
              - last reported tracker thread turns
              - alexman's 2nd DAR

andydog and me are at 350ad now. check out for the big showdown

Comment

• Holy sheesh, roth. What's going on in your game that's not in ours? (I checked 1250, and it's about the same score) That's anywhere from a 20 to 40 point (10 to 20 percent) shift in scores ... and we haven't had any major wars in ours (to decrease points) ...

Interesting to me is that the same civs are roughly the same positions in all of these -- particularly the persians. Guess that says something about starting locations ...

(Not that you can really answer this question, but still.)
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• My game with Theseus has ended, at least insofar as genuine MP play is concerned. In AD 880, fifty-four Roman cavalry launched a surprise attack, striking out of the fog of war. They punched through Theseus's front lines and captured a total of four cities in the first turn of fighting. Theseus consolidated his immediately available defenders, including a Hoplite/Swordsman/MedInf army, in one city and abandoned two others in an effort to force me to go through his most heavily defended city, but in AD 890, I was able to punch through those defenses and capture that city and three others, including Athens.

By that point, with Greece far behind in technology, half its economy captured or destroyed, heavy Roman forces in the Greek core, and AI forces tying up Greece's border forces, it was clear that the game was esentially over for Theseus. I suggested that if he didn't think playing out the remainder of the war would be worth his time, he could send me his password and let me play out both sides, and he decided to take me up on my offer.

Here's the score situation in AD 890.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• congratulations nathan!

4 cities in the first turn, 3 in the next. that's a really enormous cavalry storm... how many units were involved... 200?

edit: 1st post updated, nbarclay declared first MP winner!
                    Last edited by sabrewolf; August 17, 2004, 12:40.

Comment

• Actually, four cities in each of the first two - "that city and three others" in the second. It was 54 cavalry; I hadn't really expected them to be able to win the war single-handed, but I caught Theseus a bit flat-footed defensively.

Comment

• Last edited by sabrewolf; August 17, 2004, 18:37.

Comment

• It's very nice of Andy to continue to let you have fun like that.

I'm sure you posted that here by mistake, by the way.

Comment

• Last edited by sabrewolf; August 17, 2004, 18:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                              Holy sheesh, roth. What's going on in your game that's not in ours? (I checked 1250, and it's about the same score) That's anywhere from a 20 to 40 point (10 to 20 percent) shift in scores ... and we haven't had any major wars in ours (to decrease points) ...

Interesting to me is that the same civs are roughly the same positions in all of these -- particularly the persians. Guess that says something about starting locations ...

(Not that you can really answer this question, but still.)
                              The only thing I can think of is that Beta and I are playing emperor level so the AI is slightly more aggressive...plus both Beta and I are being aggressive too.

As far as I can tell there haven't been any wars waged yet in our game either.

Comment

• sorry for the spoilers!

score at 380ad
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by sabrewolf; August 17, 2004, 18:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X